Recommended Cowboys Draft Documentary: War Stories

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Behind the scenes of our war room over the years. Documentary starts at 6:45 of the video. You can either skip to there or jam out to the awesome music first.

I love you guys. Cowboys! in your faces.

Last edited by a moderator:

bewp7

Reaction score
i wonder why they did not trade down with baltimore in 2016. well i did hear stephen want a 3 not a 4 but asides from that. ravens would have taken ramsey but would jacksonville have took zeke i doubt it!

also thankful buffalo, pittsburgh, seattle, green bay and who ever else did not take their offer for them to trade up for paxton lynch!!!!!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i wonder why they did not trade down with baltimore in 2016. well i did hear stephen want a 3 not a 4 but asides from that. ravens would have taken ramsey but would jacksonville have took zeke i doubt it!

also thankful buffalo, pittsburgh, seattle, green bay and who ever else did not take their offer for them to trade up for paxton lynch!!!!!

Didn't want to risk losing Zeke.

Plankton

Reaction score
Didn't want to risk losing Zeke.

Think about this - if they had traded down, and got Elliott at #6, they would have had more ammo to move back into the first and go after Paxton Lynch.

nervous-awkward.gif

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea we missed out on Aaron Donald, but the Vikings and Steelers taking Barr and Shazier before we did was a blessing for us.

Zack was the better player

You can make the case Martin is on par with Donald. He just plays a position that doesn't excite the Joe Fan. If every time he dominated his matchup he ended up sacking the QB or tackling the RB for a 3 yard loss people would view him differently.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man I could watch stuff like this all day.

Yep. I always thought teams could make some money selling inside the war room coverage. Maybe not live but over the offseason that year.

I'd pay top dollar for that but it's probably too transparent for their liking. They don't want us to know too much. Like your head coach wanted to draft someone other than the player selected, for instance.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
2008 felix jones pick still pisses me off. We should have traded back with the ravens in 2016. And watching dry toast garrett still irritates me.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Looking back Buckner would have been the best pick IMO

cej757

Reaction score
I really would've liked to seen the discussion on why the Cowboys passed on Steven Jackson in that draft. I know they got a 1st rd pick in the next draft and ended up taking Julius Jones in the 2nd rd, but Boy I really wanted Jackson and he was sitting right there for us. :(

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have not watched it yet. So this will be on before the game on Saturday, local TV?
Did they show Stephen ripping the Johnny Manziel card from Jerry's hand? :lmao:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really would've liked to seen the discussion on why the Cowboys passed on Steven Jackson in that draft. I know they got a 1st rd pick in the next draft and ended up taking Julius Jones in the 2nd rd, but Boy I really wanted Jackson and he was sitting right there for us. :(

There were two reasons that did come out.
One was that Bill thought Stephen Jackson was an upright type runner and he did not like that kind of runner.
The other was that some heard that Bill did not like who Steven Jackson's agent was at the time.

Don't know if those are true but that was the rumors after the draft.

cej757

Reaction score
Think about this - if they had traded down, and got Elliott at #6, they would have had more ammo to move back into the first and go after Paxton Lynch.

nervous-awkward.gif
I think Lynch would've had some success coming to Dallas instead of going to Denver. Playing behind our o-line at the time and young Zeke would've been great for him. Lineahan would've kept the game plan condensed like he did for Dak early on.