Twitter: Cowboys Draft Interviews Continue

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This draft could go so wrong, not specifically for us, but for the NFL... can you imagine if the decision maker's power goes down while they are communicating over Zoom and the clock is just about up? Or of someone actually does hack the draft...
I'm confident there will be plenty of smart people working on this. Generators can be on standby for the power if needed, and there will be multiple people in multiple locations, so the entire draft isn't going to hinge on one guy in his living room having power.

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was simply a test case, i.e., to show how the Cowboys are interviewing potential players. Surely, they're not going to reveal their hand this easily.

Right, these interviews will be all over the place. I am sure they will interview WR's as well. We have holes everywhere as to the BPA helps no matter what.

Verdict

Reaction score
This draft could go so wrong, not specifically for us, but for the NFL... can you imagine if the decision maker's power goes down while they are communicating over Zoom and the clock is just about up? Or of someone actually does hack the draft...
It won’t be a big problem if Goodell uses some common sense. Oh, well, it was a thought.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The biggest issue that’s going to happen is trades. Few guys were saying on nfl network. How are they going to handle calling and working out trades then calling the league about it. Any which way you look at it this draft could be a struggle for teams.
They already do it by phone. Between teams and to the league. What is so different?
Maybe I’m missing something?

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
They could run the draft like the short version of monopoly. Just pass out all the properties evenly. Eventually though, someone always gets in an argument over Boardwalk and Park Place!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
There has been some rumblings that Nolan will use his RE more like a 3-4 OLB. He won't be a down lineman, but rather a stand-up edge rusher.

Gaede

Reaction score
I like Baun a lot. One of my favourites in this draft

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think they have built in contingencies.....

Bowdown27

Reaction score
They already do it by phone. Between teams and to the league. What is so different?
Maybe I’m missing something?
That’s what I thought too but on nfl network they were stating that it’s going to be a hassle this year for teams.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Doesn't it happen that way anyway? What would be the difference other than someone turning in a written draft/ trade card.It has to be agreed to on the phone before the card is written. Or am I mistaken on your post?
That’s what I thought. The exact same thing. On nfl network as I said to someone else too they made it seem like it’s going to be a nuisance for teams to do trades this year. Who knows what is really going to go on. The world were living in is all out of sorts.