CFZ Cowboys - Eagles Matchups

T-RO

Reaction score
When Cowboys-Eagles clashed in game one:

Eagles could only muster 3.5 yards per carry.
Dallas averaged 5.2 yards per carry

Hurts was sacked 4 times
Rush wasn't sacked at all, despite being behind and throwing 38 times

The mighty Goedert caught 2 of the 6 passes when targeted for 22 yards.

Dallas lost because of Rush versus Eagles secondary (3 INT)

If Dak has a good game against a tough Eagles secondary...we don't get screwed by zebras...we gonna win.

Last edited:
Reactions: G2

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
how do we know the rosters will stay the same, thats the point, use common sense, what if one team loses key player or more.. its why you wait to the week of the game to discus it. not now..

H2H with Healthy teams, i like our chances.
I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Oh, I get what you’re saying. Nothing wrong with conversation, but you’re right.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, Hurts is averaging 50 yards rushing per game. Stop Jalen Hurts running game and Cowboys win. Defense will need to play BIG in this game.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score

Hurts was sacked 4 times

If Dak has a good game against a tough Eagles secondary...we don't get screwed by zebras...we gonna win.
We are at home… We should win this one. We are probably not going to win in Philly in January…Praying that the Eagles go 14 and 3 and we win out

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, Hurts is averaging 50 yards rushing per game. Stop Jalen Hurts running game and Cowboys win. Defense will need to play BIG in this game.
Dude, have you not noticed that sometimes they run for A gijillion yards and win sometimes they pass for a gijillion yards and win… If they can’t do one thing they jump to the other… So saying if ‘we stop Hurts running’ we win is wishful thinking.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Currently….
  • WRs - adv Eagles as they have 2 big playmakers and an explosive #3. Dallas has a very good #1 and a so-so #2.
  • TEs - adv Eagles as Goedert is best and will be back; Cowboys are deeper
  • OL - close, probably a push - we definitely lose at LG and C.
  • RB - adv Dallas
  • QB - even the haters would not have favored Hurts this summer, but he’s definitely been better in that offense with those weapons and OL…unless you want to argue against all the numbers, accept it.
  • DL - push; Eagles better inside; Cowboys better outside
  • LBs - push
  • Secondary - Dallas lost 2 starting CBs for the year while Eagles finally gave Slay a partner in Bradberry. Adv Eagles at CB; It’s close, but I give Cowboys the edge at S.
  • Special Teams - push in my opinion, though I think we have the better punter. It worries me that we are losing key players in covering kicks because they now must start on defense
  • Coaching…personally, I like Dallas
On paper, position by position, Eagles get the same advantage we see in the records. If we hadn’t lost 2 corners and could have added a healthy OBJ to help the receiving corps, I’d feel really good about Dallas vs Philly. But we are weaker at WR and CB, areas the Eagles got stronger at this year.

The Cowboys can win in a few weeks and in the playoffs, but they shouldn’t be favored, and I think it will require some heroics.

QB: push
WR: Eagles
TE: push
RB: Cowboys
OL: Eagles
DL: Eagles (much better DT play)
LBs: push
Secondary: Eagles
Special Teams: Cowboys
Coaching: push

blueblood70

Reaction score
we slowed that down game 1,, No dak ,also 3 INts , so limit penalties, mistakes, and Hurts and we have a shot,

hopefully we have Washington and Tyron added by then and in game shape and full starting roster this go around..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Currently….
  • WRs - adv Eagles as they have 2 big playmakers and an explosive #3. Dallas has a very good #1 and a so-so #2.
  • TEs - adv Eagles as Goedert is best and will be back; Cowboys are deeper
  • OL - close, probably a push - we definitely lose at LG and C.
  • RB - adv Dallas
  • QB - even the haters would not have favored Hurts this summer, but he’s definitely been better in that offense with those weapons and OL…unless you want to argue against all the numbers, accept it.
  • DL - push; Eagles better inside; Cowboys better outside
  • LBs - push
  • Secondary - Dallas lost 2 starting CBs for the year while Eagles finally gave Slay a partner in Bradberry. Adv Eagles at CB; It’s close, but I give Cowboys the edge at S.
  • Special Teams - push in my opinion, though I think we have the better punter. It worries me that we are losing key players in covering kicks because they now must start on defense
  • Coaching…personally, I like Dallas
On paper, position by position, Eagles get the same advantage we see in the records. If we hadn’t lost 2 corners and could have added a healthy OBJ to help the receiving corps, I’d feel really good about Dallas vs Philly. But we are weaker at WR and CB, areas the Eagles got stronger at this year.

The Cowboys can win in a few weeks and in the playoffs, but they shouldn’t be favored, and I think it will require some heroics.
not sure if it matter to compare position to position. its better to compare postion on offense, vs. defense and matchups....

with that said, if we are within a game and the eagles game decides the winner of the division and perhaps #1 seed, then its an all out war...if we are behind 2 games going to the match up, its more important for eagles to win, because they are looking to make statement and establish their dominance over cowboys, given we have owned them for past several years. it would be a bigger game to them.

regardless, I expect a rematch in the playoffs.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Hurts was sacked 4 times

Yeah, the last time we played Philly they squeaked a win out.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I'm just saying if it were up to me you would be banned from peeking past the current week.
Maybe you should be banned for trying to censor what others wish to discuss.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Maybe you should be banned for trying to censor what others wish to discuss.
Maybe you should be banned for thinking you can talk to me that way. On second thought, off with your head! :rolleyes:;)