Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones on their plan at running back

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys will most likely wait 'til the 2nd round or more before selecting a RB that's fully capable of toting the rock for them. I think they'll look at one with power, speed and the ability to sift through traffic well. I'm 100% sure Dak would greatly approve of that. To be continued, soon.

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
Why?

That's a really bad idea.
I think the Cowboys will most likely wait 'til the 2nd round before selecting a RB that's fully capable of toting the rock for them. To be continued . . .
Allen, Benson,Brooks or Corum will all work.RB is important but I think DL, OL and LB are as if not more important. I think all of them are 2nd or 3rd round prospects

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys will most likely wait 'til the 2nd round before selecting a RB that's fully capable of toting the rock for them. I think they'll look at one with power, speed and the ability to sift through traffic in a slick way. I'm 100% sure Dak would greatly approve of that. To be continued . . .
Why don't the both Jones just shut up....don't give any indication to what you want as any other team with similar needs will move ahead of us.... don't we ever learn?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Even though everyone knows the Cowboys need running backs. Stephen does not want it to make look like the Cowboys are desperate for one. :facepalm: :rolleyes: There are lots of guys in the draft zone that hate paying or drafting running backs early. They are getting their wish.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys will most likely wait 'til the 2nd round or more before selecting a RB that's fully capable of toting the rock for them. I think they'll look at one with power, speed and the ability to sift through traffic well. I'm 100% sure Dak would greatly approve of that. To be continued, soon.
But he will also need to pick up blitzes and protect #4

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Why don't the both Jones just shut up....don't give any indication to what you want as any other team with similar needs will move ahead of us.... don't we ever learn?
That's pretty much what gets said every year, although, other teams usually have a good idea in advance of what to expect. I don't think Stephen has really gone into specifics as to who or which round they intend to take their guy at RB. Let's hope other teams don't know any more than they should.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bold> It is overcompensating by giving an appearance of knowing the correct course of action.