Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones on their plan at running back

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Yea..Go Young.. Corum Maybe? It doesn't matter who they take in a RB In The Draft.

It will be another waste of Talent..Tyron Smith Is just one Example.:(

It's so Sad what this Org Has done with some of their Top Talent we had..:(

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
you're getting a hurt LB in the first and in the second one of the grand kids will pick a TE or WR. winning

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Stephen said he got the little guy some platform shoes, so he can see over the offensive line's knees. He had trouble seeing last year with all the giants on the field.
"let the tiny mighty mouse loose"

200w.gif
Turpin tells mighty mouse they only have room for one little person on this team.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It’s definitely a passing league— but what we need most is a hammer that can excel at short yardage and GL situations.

As far as holes? Yah. Trying to replace a LT and C in one draft class is ambitious. There still is a slight chance Tyron returns- but at what price and for how many games?
Well tyron went to the jets,good for him !
If they do get a hammer, that doesnt mean they will know when to use it or how!
Having the tools is one thing, knowing how to use them is another.
That is why a team needs good coaches.

I dont think we have many good coaches, and mm is kinda bad imo.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
We're also not winning without an OL. The OL had issues last year, and since then we've lost a starting LT and a starting C.
It will be a disaster, this season, go look at the teams they have to play lol.
Dak will have guys coming from all directions.

It also affects the run game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Draft one in round one
That would be a huge reach this isn’t a real strong RB group. I haven’t seen a mock draft yet that has an RB going in round one. Our first pick will be on the OL.

rambo2

Reaction score
Their plan is to sign a cheap veteran, Rico, Dobbins, or Zeke and draft a top back, Benson, Brooks, Wright, Allen, or Lloyd.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
RBs don't matter.
LOL. :laugh: Sad but true.

I can’t keep up with which positions don’t matter to the Jones Boys.
  • I remember the year wide receivers didn’t matter, and then they had to trade for Coop.
  • I think they just got over their theory that defensive tackles didn’t matter. LOL
  • Linebackers and safeties haven’t mattered on and off for many years.
  • There was that one year after Donaldson where centers didn’t matter, and they had to bring back Step.
  • Offensive tackles didn’t matter for a while until Garrett came on board.
Different flavor every year.

rambo2

Reaction score
LOL. :laugh: Sad but true.

I can’t keep up with which positions don’t matter to the Jones Boys.
  • I remember the year wide receivers didn’t matter, and then they had to trade for Coop.
  • I think they just got over their theory that defensive tackles didn’t matter. LOL
  • Linebackers and safeties haven’t mattered on and off for many years.
  • There was that one year after Donaldson where centers didn’t matter, and they had to bring back Step.
  • Offensive tackles didn’t matter for a while until Garrett came on board.
Different flavor every year.
They do matter and they better hit on the rookie they draft.

Flamma

Reaction score
I suppose it's an attempt at deception, teams will think the Cowboy's wouldn't be so dumb to announce the intention....then they'll see its Stephen and change their mind.
The only person he's deceived is his father
Attempt failed. With how the roster is panning out, and everything they have said, it's pretty obvious to the entire league they are going OL and RB sometime in day 1 and day 2.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Not saying I disagree but who would you have signed that has shown to be significantly better than drafting one?
We don't know what these rookies can do and that's the issue. We know Moss could've provided a spark at $4m. We've managed to put ourselves in a position to roll the dice and find a starting RB in a weak draft class. It's hard to spin this into anything but an epic failure.

rambo2

Reaction score
We don't know what these rookies can do and that's the issue. We know Moss could've provided a spark at $4m. We've managed to put ourselves in a position to roll the dice and find a starting RB in a weak draft class. It's hard to spin this into anything but an epic failure.
I like several backs in the draft. They certainly can get 1 of them between 56 and 87.