Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones on their plan at running back

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So he basically said they dont have a plan, it's just a matter of see what falls to them.
well he said more than 1 player, so 2 cheap ones or 2 in the lower rounds of draft is what I predict.
I think they are just going to throw a team together and are not really looking to get past div round.

What their plan is , is doing something in 25 or 26. What that is however I dont know lol.

The jones boys are hardly worht listening to, as they talk in riddles and lie alot lol.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
well he said more than 1 player, so 2 cheap ones or 2 in the lower rounds of draft is what I predict.
I think they are just going to throw a team together and are not really looking to get past div round.

What their plan is , is doing something in 25 or 26. What that is however I dont know lol.

The jones boys are hardly worht listening to, as they talk in riddles and lie alot lol.
Honestly I think that’s spot on. 2024 seems like a year they’re using to reset the cap situation. They’re going to plug in whatever cheap 1 year contracts they can find to get through but 2025/2026 seems to be the real goal.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys will most likely wait 'til the 2nd round or more before selecting a RB that's fully capable of toting the rock for them. I think they'll look at one with power, speed and the ability to sift through traffic well. I'm 100% sure Dak would greatly approve of that. To be continued, soon.
I hoped they were gonna get one last year in the second or third round. I was disappointed. Especially when they got that tight end.

Motorola

Reaction score
Their plan is to sign a cheap veteran, Rico, Dobbins, or Zeke and draft a top back, Benson, Brooks, Wright, Allen, or Lloyd.
You left out Irving, Estime, Corum, Bailey, and Davis.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
The last time the Cowboys did it the right way was when they drafted Demarco Murray in the 3rd round.

quickccc

Reaction score
The last time the Cowboys did it the right way was when they drafted Demarco Murray in the 3rd round.
Correction .. when we drafted Zeke with No. 4th overall pick.

NFL world feared us his rookie year in 2016.

Garrett just ruined him at an early age.