Twitter: Cowboys expected to inform Garrett today that there will be no extension

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Well, there are two phases.

The first phase is teams looking to hire coaches who are from college or from the "free agent" coaching market

The second phase is all the assistants on the teams in the playoffs. There's no rush looking at them because they're currently unavailable

If the rumors are true and JJ et al are looking at college coaches (I don't think any NFL assistants have been mentioned yet), I would expect a signing within the next week (with 6 days from now being late)

Hasn't there been some speculation of Josh McDaniels?

Carson

Reaction score
The NFC East is going to get good again!

No more Bruce Allen or Jason Garrett

EST_1986

Reaction score
Jerry isnt making this decision. Stephen has wanted Garrett gone for awhile now. Stephen gave him enough rope to hang himself this season and he did. I fully expect him to be gone. Jerry wont even be in the building. He will be in a corner drinking while Stephen does the thing Jerry should have years ago.
I have no doubt he's gone but nobody believes Stephen is going to have final say while Jerry is alive and drinking

willia451

Reaction score
I think it would have to depend on who you knew that you could get. Only if it were guaranteed that you could somehow get a Belicheck or Payton would you wait that long while teams signed up the other candidates. Otherwise, you're picking through scraps and leftovers because you waited too long.

Jerry says he doesn't care if all the top names are taken by the time he gets around to making a decision.

So he may be looking internally.

Valkyr

Reaction score
I just know Jeff Fisher is going to weasel his way into another job and it scares me to death.

khiladi

Reaction score
They could accomplish that today with a Kris Richard interview right after the team exit meeting.

I think that is what they are going to do. It’s the quickest route. I’m also not sold on Dallas having a coaching candidate lined up, because I think Jerry was waiting to see how the season ended and was looking for any reason to keep Garrett.

I think even Snyder basically pulling the strings on Bruce Allen changed the whole dynamic of Jerry not having any real excuse. Snyder has basically ceded to the fans and said changes are coming from top down. Even the rumors regarding Rivera is plenty of control for the HC.

LittleD

Reaction score
not just Garrett should go.. All of the coaches stink should be fumigated.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
If Jones is serious about winning, he's gonna hire a coach that's gonna clean house. We need on the field warriors, not Twitterers. If the cap has to go in the toilet for a season or two to right the ship, so be it. We need guys who bring it on the field.

Urban has been openly campaigning for the job. Time to see if there is fire under all that smoke.

JJ has also publicly said that college hires have the lowest rate of early success in the NFL, and coordinators have the best quick success rate— so he may be going the NFL route.

With Garrett getting informed today of not getting a new contract— we definitely could be in on some big names out there right now.

Will be an interesting few weeks to say the least

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Bill Belichick was a retread when he got to NE. Sometimes a situation is as much to blame as the person.

Great go get Bill Belichick then.

I just don't want a guy that had Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre and only squeezed 1 championship out of those 2.

Carson

Reaction score
Can we all show up and pack Garrett, Rod, O’Quinns bags for them??

Free of charge