Twitter: Cowboys expected to inform Garrett today that there will be no extension

khiladi

Reaction score
Bill Belichick was a retread when he got to NE. Sometimes a situation is as much to blame as the person.

Bellichek was improving the Browns every year, on Jimmy Johnson level pace and got them to 11-5, pre-modern free agency. Had his team the next year start off 3-1 but then the ‘rumors’ started around the Browns moving the Baltimore and nobody knowing about their future. And then the owner announced mid-season officially..

hardly a re-tread..

visionary

Reaction score
9a52b6f5-4196-4616-9f88-2e94f0bd8cec_text.gif

the Wizard is still alive but I’ll take my minor miracles where I can get them

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Urban has been openly campaigning for the job. Time to see if there is fire under all that smoke.

JJ has also publicly said that college hires have the lowest rate of early success in the NFL, and coordinators have the best quick success rate— so he may be going the NFL route.

With Garrett getting informed today of not getting a new contract— we definitely could be in on some big names out there right now.

Will be an interesting few weeks to say the least

I prefer Ruhle to Urban. He has the NFL experience and looks like a winner to me.

JayFord

Reaction score
YES !!!
YES
YES
YES YES YES

WHAHOOOOOOOOOOOO OH YEAH BUDDY

YES

YES

LittleD

Reaction score
No college coaches new to the NFL please. Let's poach from the Patriot/Ravens coaching trees for a change?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Tom Coughlin is coming to town. ;D

They might as well have kept Garrett.

Coughlin would be an awful hire.

What he is good at is creating a structure and basically getting players to be like soldiers.

Dallas already has that environment. Their players do and say all the right things.

The problem is they are poorly coached on Sunday's and Coughlin will not make us any better on Sundays.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Guys, Urban Meyer isn't coming here. You'll get Dan Campbell and like it.

"Dan who?" - Jerry Jones

John Fox, Marty Mornhinweg, Lovie Smith, Mike McCarthy, let's see, who else might be on Jerry's list?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I prefer Ruhle to Urban. He has the NFL experience and looks like a winner to me.

I do too... but you gotta remember you are dealing with JJ.

Going with Urban is a “splash” hire. Rhule would be a “solid” hire. JJ is going to milk this transition for all he can

Common Sense

Reaction score
Great go get Bill Belichick then.

I just don't want a guy that had Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre and only squeezed 1 championship out of those 2.

I'm intrigued by his newfound embrace of analytics. There's no guarantee that he understands them well enough to make him a better coach, but that's where the game is now.

Honestly, one of the best changes Jerry could make for himself as GM is install a fully baked analytics team to handle contract and personnel decisions, rather than basing it on jersey sales and whatever weird creepy emotions he has about his players.

stiletto

Reaction score
Hopefully all the other coaches will be released from their contracts as well?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
okay, Rod is getting the job. and Kellen can be the oc, and Jason as an st coach.