Twitter: Cowboys Expected To Let Gallup Play Out The Last Year Of His Deal

817Gill

Reaction score

The slight hope for an extension before years is now extinguished lol. Hopefully this trio can help us make a run this year, would be nice to get some dominant memories of the WR Crew. Super likeable bunch.

P.S.

How confident on a 1-5 scale, 1 being no confidence and 5 being extremely confident, are you that Cedrick Wilson (who’s also on the last year of his deal) or other WR’s on the roster can step in as the number 3 without us missing a beat?

I’m about at a 3 but could easily be a 4 if Wilson shows more consistency this year. Certainly looked good in the HOF game and training camp so far.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The slight hope for an extension before years is now extinguished lol. Hopefully this trio can help us make a run this year, would be nice to get some dominant memories of the WR Crew. Super likeable bunch.

P.S.

How confident on a 1-5 scale, 1 being no confidence and 5 being extremely confident, are you that Cedrick Wilson (who’s also on the last year of his deal) or other WR’s on the roster can step in as the number 3 without us missing a beat?

I’m about at a 3 but could easily be a 4 if Wilson shows more consistency this year. Certainly looked good in the HOF game and training camp so far.

Cedrick can be a #3 WR, but he isn't anywhere near as good a player as Gallup.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

P.S.

Im at a 3 with Wilson but injuries worry me

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
he's gonna get a crap-load of dough.
helluva receiver.
hope we can keep him but i think he'll be #1 wr f/a target for many.

It basically will be a decision between keeping Cooper or Gallup. Either way, they'll be fine. You can easily draft a WR in the 2nd/3rd round and expect him to crack the top 3 on the depth chart in that 1st year.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

P.S.

Translate: he's walking
Not sure many have noticed but Stephen Jones has one major prerequisite for giving 2nd deals........Pro Bowl or All-Pro. If you go back and check you'll most, if not players he's given 2nd contracts had at least one Pro Bowl. As for Gallup, he'll likely get a low-ball take it or leave it offer.

cowboyec

Reaction score
It basically will be a decision between keeping Cooper or Gallup. Either way, they'll be fine. You can easily draft a WR in the 2nd/3rd round and expect him to crack the top 3 on the depth chart in that 1st year.
true.
and that #3 might already be on the roster.

817Gill

Reaction score
Translate: he's walking
Not sure many have noticed but Stephen Jones has one major prerequisite for giving 2nd deals........Pro Bowl or All-Pro. If you go back and check you'll most, if not players he's given 2nd contracts had at least one Pro Bowl. As for Gallup, he'll likely get a low-ball take it or leave it offer.
It’s not a bad metric to go by but it can lead to missing out on guys who are still team pillars.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I like Wilson a lot...

Most of what's going to happen of course depends on the coming season.

If Cooper leads the team at WR #s, can't really cut ties.

Although moving on from Cooper may allow retaining Gallup, Wilson AND Brown....and probably another smaller end player as well.

If Fehoko steps up that changes things also.

Let's all hope it becomes a very difficult decision.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I hate to lose him. But if we have to... I'm sure we can find someone to fill in the void.

I'm thinking Cedric Wilson will be fine. And he won't cost much.

I agree. In fact, if we lose him, I think we'll probably be drafting a WR next year to try to replace him. We got him in the 3rd round and got wonderful production out of him.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I hate to lose him. But if we have to... I'm sure we can find someone to fill in the void.

I'm thinking Cedric Wilson will be fine. And he won't cost much.

Are you sure you can afford to pay Cedric next year? If he plays well this year, would teams be willing to throw $8M/year at him? Would you match it? 3rd WR, emergency QB, and returns punts. Does he get $10M/year? He does have ex-Cowboy on his resume and teams pay a premium for that.