Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Extend Blake Jarwin

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
we really jus gave this dude 8m a year tho. I would have been on the phone with the browns asking about njoku

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
My eyes are just fine. You on the other hand didn’t notice that the players in the top 5 have their names listed twice.

Haha, oops. Either way, the guaranteed figure is the more important indicator, and it barely clocks in above top-20.

quickccc

Reaction score
I'm still VERY anxious to see what a real HC can do with him. He was underappreciated by the Garrett staff.

sounds about 7 million a year.
so amazing how the Garrett coaching staff (including Nussemeier who was TE coach and still on MM's staff) thought Jarwin barely warranted limited snaps vs the great Jason Witten.
But now with a new staff onboard, Cowboys now reward Jarwin with a much richer, long term contract.

That seems to spell pure Garrett bias.
Red was determined for lumbering Witten to be on the field at virtually all times. .. no matter what. :mad:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agreed. Hopefully Witten won't return cause it's a lot to put into him if you're going to continue to roll out (and I do mean literally roll-out smh) Witten as a starter. I'm hoping this is an incentive-laden deal.

They have no intention of signing both.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
so amazing how the Garrett coaching staff (including Nussemeier who was TE coach and still on MM's staff) thought Jarwin barely warranted limited snaps vs the great Jason Witten.
But now with a new staff onboard, Cowboys now reward Jarwin with a much richer, long term contract.

Red was determined for lumbering Witten to be on the field at virtually all times. .. no matter what. :mad:
math is hard

Cowboys22

Reaction score
If this guy cost $8 million a year, I can’t even begin to think what real players who have actually done something will be getting. Ugh!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Different philosophies.

Garrett's O is one wherein TE blocking is at a premium. A lot of that was because we had a guy who did both extremely well for most of his career.

McCarthy likes TEs that are really just big receivers.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They signed him to a 4 year deal. Just got an alert.

3 year 24 million

HungryLion

Reaction score
This only makes sense, if Mike McCarthy and his staff heavily scouted Jarwin and believe he can be a weapon in the offense.

So, I’m willing to give it to benefit of the doubt, given that. Because I do believe that Jarwin can be a big threat in the passing game, with coaches that won’t be myopic and insist that he stay inline and block all the time.

John813

Reaction score
Worth up to 24 mil. So, it's not exactly 24mil as it stands today.

Low guarantees, it's not a bad deal either way.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
So when you make a mistake. it's "oops" and "haha" but if someone else does, they "can't read"? Interesting set of double standards at work there.

Would you have preferred self-flagellation? I didn't know you were into that kinda thing.

Rayman70

Reaction score
lmao..AH OK. I like the deal.....its a start I guess. I think it spells the end of Witten in Dallas. Amari is all but gone at this point. I think Quinn maybe the next guy we sign.