Signed by Cowboys *** Cowboys extend Lamb for 4 years / $136 million ***

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Easy.

Jefferson - state income taxes < Lamb with no state income taxes
It's shocking to me how many people don't understand this. The top state tax bracket in Cali when I moved out in 2019 was I believe 11%. Meaning I got an 11% raise the minute I stopped collecting paychecks there. I heard on the radio yesterday that Minnesota's rate is 9%. So that mean Jefferson's contract is worth 12.6 million dollars less than the reported salary. Or 127.4 million. That's 8.6 million less than Lamb's because Lamb won't have to give any of his money to the state. Well other than property tax on the huge mansion he's gonna buy that is. We know they get 18 paychecks a season so Jefferson's gross game check will be roughly 1.944 million. Lamb's will be 1.89 million.

Assuming Uncle Sam grabs say 30% from each of them that takes Jefferson down by $583,000 bringing him down to $1,361,000. While the federal hit for CD would be $567,000 dropping him to 1.321 million! CD's tax bite stops there .. while Jefferson will also donate 9% (175,000) to the state of Minnesota lowering his take home to $1.186 million. So CD will take home about $150,000 per paycheck MORE than will Jefferson. Neither man will be starving.. but 150K every week? Which one of us would turn that down? Now we know that some of these greedy *** states have lobbied successfully to be able to tax these athletes' income when they play a game in their state.. Sheer communism if you ask me... Guy spends 2 days a year in your state and you want a piece of his paycheck? GTF .. you know the rest.