Signed by Cowboys *** Cowboys extend Lamb for 4 years / $136 million ***

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I refuse to debate anyone here who starts with the word HATE.
This is a football forum, not a social issues one.
I can send you some links about HATE if you want to debate as your filled with hate world desires.......
Oh come on, you are one of the biggest Dak haters on this site, virtually every post of your is anti-Dak.

Just own it, dont try to hide from it now that he might get signed.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh come on, you are one of the biggest Dak haters on this site, virtually every post of your is anti-Dak.

Just own it, dont try to hide from it now that he might get signed.
I don't do Hate only what's best for the STAR.
And Dak ain't it.................
Now go find a site that deals with your favorite word and HF bud....

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I don't do Hate only what's best for the STAR.
And Dak ain't it.................
Now go find a site that deals with your favorite word and HF bud....
Ok, you LOVE Dak now..................LOL....................whatever bro, you are not fooling anybody but I dont care enough to have a convo with you so you do you.;)

blueblood70

Reaction score
The salary cap made it much more important. But teams have a million tricks to manage the cap. You can’t keep everyone but you can keep your elite players and if you draft well the rest you can churn
I said we don't need to know about all this$$$ 24-7 the cap means nothing to fans, nothing , we literally have 0 control on whose here and who's not, you cheer and talk about games, plays, players, and in season debates. I miss the simple times..

the FF, gambling, Madden matched with an over saturation of media it's just an onslaught its made places like this annoying. far too many internet Fake gm armchair types who seem to be better GMS and team builder and capaologist than the real thing LOL its ruining Fandom IMHO!!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lamb is a great receiver but when we talk about toughness and changing the culture of the organization. I’m not sure hes that guy
He's NOT and will once again go MIA in the playoffs.
They overpaid once again.........oh well La Jerry Circus lives on!!!!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
What negotiating? What exactly did CeeDee compromise on?
What negotiating? Oh, I see, they just met for weeks and just said each time "Hey, Jerry/CeeDee, how's it going? Well, fine, we'll type out that contract at some point, you have a good day". Then finally they sat down, and Jerry said I'll give you 4 years at $34 mil, how's that? Then CeeDee says "That's good Jerry, we're done here, see you in a couple of days"

LOL

What did CeeDee compromise on? Could be a lot of things, I don't know, I wasn't there. Maybe contract length, signing bonus, guaranteed money, no-trade clause, no franchise tag clause to name a few.

Appears you have never done any kind of negotiating, sit in on an insurance injury case settlement sometime. You'll be amazed!

:thumbup:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Lamb's stats are just below Jefferson's, therefore Lamb got a contract that is just below Jefferson.

Jefferson...............4 yrs 140 million...............$110 guaranteed
Lamb....................4 yrs 136 million................$100 guaranteed

This is not a very difficult concept to understand..............its called "pricing by comparables" .............its like some of you dudes have no idea how "market value contracts" are determined in pro sports leagues.
I don't care if Lamb was THE best WR in the freakin' league. The fact is, they waited it out with CeeDee Lamb, he missed most of training camp, came back and got $10 million less guaranteed than Jefferson....

This wasn't negotiating. There is no positive here with that contract for the team. Read what I wrote. Lamb got every single thing that he wanted in that contract. Lamb won, Cowboys lost.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
What negotiating? Oh, I see, they just met for weeks and just said each time "Hey, Jerry/CeeDee, how's it going? Well, fine, we'll type out that contract at some point, you have a good day". Then finally they sat down, and Jerry said I'll give you 4 years at $34 mil, how's that? Then CeeDee says "That's good Jerry, we're done here, see you in a couple of days"

LOL

What did CeeDee compromise on? Could be a lot of things, I don't know, I wasn't there. Maybe contract length, signing bonus, guaranteed money, no-trade clause, no franchise tag clause to name a few.

Appears you have never done any kind of negotiating, sit in on an insurance injury case settlement sometime. You'll be amazed!

:thumbup:
I am asking you, what did Lamb compromise on? Why can nobody answer me this? He sat out all of training camp....

...and came back with a contract similar to Justin Jefferson. What was the wait? $10 million less? Point out to me what in that contract Lamb would have been against 3 months ago. They could have given him that contract in June and he would have accepted. Any player in the league would lol

Simple fact is, Jerry and Stephen thought they could get CeeDee's agent to bend on this. They were wrong. Now they rushed the deal to get him back before the season started. This contract sucks, Jefferson's does too.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Seriously bro, I get the Dak hate but what the hell are you talking about with Lamb???

Since when does Lamb disappear against playoff defenses? The dude put up over 100 yds against the Packers, one of the only few Cowboy players that actually showed up that day.

Go check his stats in games against teams that made the playoffs last year, like Philly, like the Lions, like the Rams, ect......

You are saying he doesnt show up..................... prove it....................please post how his stats decrease against playoff teams.
Lamb is force fed the ball in a 17 game season now. He had 135 receptions, 12 TDs, and 1,700+ yards last year. You are going to see more and more WRs with similar stats to this in the coming years.

In 2023 alone here are the stats

2 WRs with 1,700 yards
3 WRs with 1,400/500 yards
7 WRs with 1,200+ yards or more

Most of those WRs had far fewer targets than Lamb - the gap between elite WRs and good/great WRs is closing. Paying these guys like they are prime Randy Moss and Jerry Rice is just bad business.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Criminally under paid. Should be making 1 billion per year to catch a rubber ball. Such an elite skill is essential to the betterment of mankind.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Lamb's stats are just below Jefferson's, therefore Lamb got a contract that is just below Jefferson.

Jefferson...............4 yrs 140 million...............$110 guaranteed
Lamb....................4 yrs 136 million................$100 guaranteed

This is not a very difficult concept to understand..............its called "pricing by comparables" .............it's like some of you dudes have no idea how "market value contracts" are determined in pro sports leagues.
Also, AJ Brown got $33 million a year.

CeeDee outperformed Brown, so he got a little more money
AJ Brown - 106 rec 1456 yds 7 tds
CeeDee - 135 rec 1749 yds 12 tds

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I don't care if Lamb was THE best WR in the freakin' league. The fact is, they waited it out with CeeDee Lamb, he missed most of training camp, came back and got $10 million less guaranteed than Jefferson....

This wasn't negotiating. There is no positive here with that contract for the team. Read what I wrote. Lamb got every single thing that he wanted in that contract. Lamb won, Cowboys lost.
I disagree that the "Cowboys lost" if Lamb got paid exactly what he was supposed to get paid by the market.

Now you do make a good point about the timing of the deal, once Jefferson signed then everybody and their momma knew what Lamb was going to get, just below that.

Waiting really accomplished nothing, Lamb's deal could have been done the next day honestly. Only thing that makes sense is they wanted him to miss camp to avoid injury.