Signed by Cowboys *** Cowboys extend Lamb for 4 years / $136 million ***

blueblood70

Reaction score
Go ahead and tell us which year you think that will be. What year will all three have those cap hits at the same time? The Joneses may not be the brightest football people on the planet but they do money really well. They will stagger the big cap hits for these guys to fall in different seasons so your "half the entire cap" scenario will never happen. Book it.
no Ronnie, you can't tell people that these are internet GM armchair owners, they can build a FF team so they know best!! they MM champions and read Google searches, they are now experts!

blueblood70

Reaction score
I just mean to get in game flow. Since they don’t practice like they did years ago then most teams will take a few games to get up to speed and game hardened. I was just saying not being with the team for camps may take Lamb a little longer. But since they have played together it should be good to go. I wasn’t sure if they changed any formations or motion. But I am sure he has the notes and practice film. Plus Dak has a field in his back yard. He usually gets together with any receivers that want to come over.

What’s your thoughts on the O-Line this year.. I think they will be improved. We have a few more beasts added in and heard that Steele is back to himself after the injury. Also did any young WR jump out at you during preseason. I didn’t watch to much of it.
i think this is the wrong thread for the getting ready for Cleveland area. . that is about to get in full swing game 1 talk and expectations threads will pop up.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
no Ronnie, you can't tell people that these are internet GM armchair owners, they can build a FF team so they know best!! they MM champions and read Google searches, they are now experts!
Yeah it's like we didn't just see the Cowboys have Cooper with a top 5 WR salary, Dak with a top 5 QB salary, Zeke with a top 5 RB salary, Tank with a top 5 DE salary, Zack with a top 5 OG salary all at the same time and remind me again, which season did all those have the highest cap hits at the same time? Again.. when it comes to football, I will question the Joneses as much as anyone but when it comes to doing the money thing? They have shown they know how to do that really really so I don't even worry about it.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don’t blame players for gett8ng all they can because ultimately, they barely see half of what is quoted.
Lamb gets 34 million per year? Try a little over 18. Federal taxes, agent fees, and jock tax…..Now, could we all live off 18 million a year? Of course, but these guys are impacting their future health. Those of us in our 60’s and 70’s who never played in the NFL already know how difficult life can become as we age. Salary breakdown

Sheepherder

Reaction score
He'll pull a hamstring before he drops a pass......
What a dumb team. Basically gave the guy the whole offseason off. So not even working with the team for months then he'll have an excuse for starting the season off slow. They could have probably signed him cheaper months ago
Dumb team because they got a dumb GM. I say that because he won't quit drinking long enough to let his brain get a rest.

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
look i don't know how it works they're really care... seriously this shouldn't even be a priority for fans, never was part of being a fan back in the 70s or even 80s, we didn't know about this ship about contracts, now 24-7-365 media saturation, contract breakdowns, and analytic nonsense with Gambling, FF, and other things are cluttering up the real reason i watch, FOOTBALL! ...

i can't even imagine if there was a TMZ or all the media back in the 70s-90s what many teams and payers would have got exposed at and the drama we do know about the Whitehouse, north Dallas forty, the partys, drug use during games, but man if they had the type of expose now that might have destroyed those teams.
The salary cap made it much more important. But teams have a million tricks to manage the cap. You can’t keep everyone but you can keep your elite players and if you draft well the rest you can churn

mattjames2010

Reaction score
This contract is absolutely ridiculous. One that will be a regret in a couple seasons.

$100 mil guaranteed. It's unreal that anyone thinks a freakin' WR is deserving of this type of contract. Between Dak and CeeDee, those two alone might be taking up close to 35-40% of the cap.

This team sucks.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It's called negotiating. What would you expect Jerry/Stephen to do? Start off offering $33 million? You have to leave room to go up in your offers. I suspect CeeDee's agent was asking for like $36 million to start, or less but a 5 or 6 year contract length, etc.

You offer less than you'll give, demand more than you'll take. And end up somewhere in the middle. That's the way it works, usually.

I still remember the first large injury case I handled as a young insurance adjuster. Supervisor gave me $20K to try to settle a case. Finally settled with the lawyer for $18k. When the attorney showed up for the check, he asked what my top offer would have been, and I told him about the $20K, and he chuckled and said his bottom figure was $17K, so I "won" the battle, saved $2K and he only got $1K over his lowest acceptable figure.

Then there's contract length, guaranteed money, voidable years (if any) etc.

Would like to have seen it get done a week or two ago so as to get CeeDee in camp for some reps, but as long as he's signed before the season, I'm happy.

He got what he deserved, is less than he would have gotten if Jerry had waited until his contract expired, has two weeks to get in more football shape and gets him signed until he's 29, before he gets to the dreaded 30 mark, where lots of players' performance starts to drop off.

Glad it's done....
Negotiating? Bro, this contract is pretty much the most ideal contract a WR can ever get. What negotiating? What exactly did CeeDee compromise on? $100 mil guaranteed.

Jerry and Stephen got figuratively bent over here. I would have laughed that agent out of the damn room ever considering that and these bozos gave them that type of money.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This contract is absolutely ridiculous. One that will be a regret in a couple seasons.

$100 mil guaranteed. It's unreal that anyone thinks a freakin' WR is deserving of this type of contract. Between Dak and CeeDee, those two alone might be taking up close to 35-40% of the cap.

This team sucks.

That's where the league is going. Why do you think the owners just approved some companies being able to invest up to 10% in a team? I think they're aware, as the salary cap goes up, the players are going to become much more expensive.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
They overpaid but what else is new down in Jerry Land?????????
Wait till he goes MIA again vs playoff-caliber defenses oh mercy me............ :eek:
The Dream lives on in Dallas....................:muttley:
Seriously bro, I get the Dak hate but what the hell are you talking about with Lamb???

Since when does Lamb disappear against playoff defenses? The dude put up over 100 yds against the Packers, one of the only few Cowboy players that actually showed up that day.

Go check his stats in games against teams that made the playoffs last year, like Philly, like the Lions, like the Rams, ect......

You are saying he doesnt show up..................... prove it....................please post how his stats decrease against playoff teams.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Negotiating? Bro, this contract is pretty much the most ideal contract a WR can ever get. What negotiating? What exactly did CeeDee compromise on? $100 mil guaranteed.

Jerry and Stephen got figuratively bent over here. I would have laughed that agent out of the damn room ever considering that and these bozos gave them that type of money.
Lamb's stats are just below Jefferson's, therefore Lamb got a contract that is just below Jefferson.

Jefferson...............4 yrs 140 million...............$110 guaranteed
Lamb....................4 yrs 136 million................$100 guaranteed

This is not a very difficult concept to understand..............its called "pricing by comparables" .............its like some of you dudes have no idea how "market value contracts" are determined in pro sports leagues.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seriously bro, I get the Dak hate but what the hell are you talking about with Lamb???

Since when does Lamb disappear against playoff defenses? The dude put up over 100 yds against the Packers, one of the only few Cowboy players that actually showed up that day.

Go check his stats in games against teams that made the playoffs last year, like Philly, like the Lions, like the Rams, ect......

You are saying he doesnt show up..................... prove it....................please post how his stats decrease against playoff teams.
I refuse to debate anyone here who starts with the word HATE.
This is a football forum, not a social issues one.
I can send you some links about HATE if you want to debate as your filled with hate world desires.......