Cowboys fading down the stretch

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I looked up our schedule since Parcells arrived in Big D in 2003. I looked at the final 8 games of each season and came up with a disappointing 15-18 record. This has been a reoccuring theme of our Cowboys teasing us in 03', 05' and 06' as possible NFC Super Bowl contenders. But then we find out that the Cowboys were just pretenders. I know Joe Juraszek has been very highly regarded by the coaching staff and past/present Cowboy players with helping them achieve their individual training regimens. Endurance is a very important aspect of any sport and in recent memory we've faded down the stretch. Could it be due to poor conditioning by Joe? The strength and conditioning coach from the Yankees just got fired, and I'm not saying the same will happen with Dallas, but it's just odd how we've faded down the stretch so consistently in the past four years. Thoughts?

Kilyin

Reaction score
Good news friend, Parcells went back to Joisey. We'll be using schemes and coaches now that aren't stuck in 1985.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Kilyin;1487118 said:
Good news friend, Parcells went back to Joisey. We'll be using schemes and coaches now that aren't stuck in 1985.

The two gap scheme apparently is good enough for the Patriots.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Vintage;1487125 said:
The two gap scheme apparently is good enough for the Patriots.

It's not just the gaps, it's more about philosophy and pressure. I forgot to mention Parcells had Zimmer in his trunk when he hit the road. Drew Bledsoe was in the backseat with his face pressed against the window.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Kilyin;1487118 said:

We don't talk like that.

:rolleyes:

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Kilyin;1487118 said:

Dave Campo was just a bad dream, wasn't he? :cool:

I think we tend to forget just how much Bill did for this team.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
eduncan22;1487132 said:
Dave Campo was just a bad dream, wasn't he? :cool:

I think we tend to forget just how much Bill did for this team.

No kidding.

This team is eons better than we were before Parcells took over.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Parcells did half his job, in that for the most part he improved the team each year through the draft etc. He failed at the other half by not surrounding himself with the right assistants and not winning a championship. 9-7 and 1 and done is better than 5-11, but not by much. In the end, it's winning that matters.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
TheSport78;1487131 said:
Amen. Where in Jersey are you from smarta?

I grew up in South River, home of Pearson and Theeezman (Middlesex).

Now I live in Bradley Beach (Monmouth).

I should be living in Galloway/Absecon within the next month.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
smarta5150;1487146 said:
I grew up in South River, home of Pearson and Theeezman (Middlesex).

Now I live in Bradley Beach (Monmouth).

I should be living in Galloway/Absecon within the next month.

sweet man i'm livin right in East Brunswick right now.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
redskins1;1487175 said:
parcells has improved your team by leaps and bounds,but for some reason the team hasnt done anything in 11 years..GO FIGURE;)

He's laid a foundation.

Too bad he couldn't coach or motivate those players.

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
smarta5150;1487178 said:
He's laid a foundation.

I could not agree more. They are leaps and bounds better personnel wise than before. They have fewer holes and are athletically better at almost every position. They have better depth at most positions. A year to see what final needs they have left and after a good draft next year there will be few complaints. Especially if Wade can coach at all.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
BouncingCheese;1487203 said:
Hahaa Joisey:lmao2:

even funnier response :)

Just because we are the armpit of America doesn't mean we deserve the constant ridiculing.

I love this place, so **** off :eek::rolleyes:;)

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Smarta is right, Parcells really did build this team up from the ashes...Campo was so into that "hard knocks" bs (though it was super entertaining to watch) that he forgot he was running a team (or maybe be that was Jerrah coaching the team then; but nevermore, nevermore)

I just think that Parcells was running the team a bit too antiquated compared to today's standards of the NFL, Parcells was still trying to run his team as he did with the G-men, and that just doesn't cut it in the NFL. I think he is an excellent personell guy but I don't want him applying his ancient offensive and defensive philosphies to today's fast-paced games.

There were no players of Lawrence Taylor's caliber on any team other than the G-men, save for one or two. Now, every team has at least one. Everybody has the same ace up their sleeve Parcells used to have all forhimself. Parcells can't coach today's game.

Same thing for Bledsoe, he was the last of the statue- of liberty Qb's, he just couldn't compete in today's game of lineman who have sprinters' speed. If he came into the league 5 years earlier things might have been different. Conjecture, of course.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Hey, I think New Jersey is just like America, and that matter, the world, that there are places that are awesome and places that are seriously lacking in some departments. I've been to Jersey for extended periods, and some parts are super nice, and I'm sure you live in one of those areas...but some places just smell...I don't get it. It just smells.

Hey, I live in D.C., and it is embarrasing to me that less than ten minutes away from the Whitehouse you have crack dealers and gangsters living in South East. That is so ironic to me. So you are not the only one with "armpit" areas.

superpunk

Reaction score
smarta5150;1487178 said:
He's laid a foundation.

Too bad he couldn't coach or motivate those players.

Right. :rolleyes:

Keep piling it on Parcells. It can't just be that these players aren't any good.

Granted, that would be on Parcells too, for picking them in the first place, but for ****'s sake at least that's tangible.

Christ...sooner or later everyone's going to wake up from this wet dream wherein they imagine that Parcells was holding everyone back, and realize that it wasn't really Elen Grindemyr - they just pissed the bed.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
superpunk;1487224 said:
Right. :rolleyes:

Keep piling it on Parcells. It can't just be that these players aren't any good.

Granted, that would be on Parcells too, for picking them in the first place, but for ****'s sake at least that's tangible.

Christ...sooner or later everyone's going to wake up from this wet dream wherein they imagine that Parcells was holding everyone back, and realize that it wasn't really Elen Grindemyr - they just pissed the bed.

Blah blah blah.

Careful... the people who were/are anti-Parcells really have nothing to lose.

If we suck, its Parcells who got us the groceries and nothing has changed anyway,

If we win, Wade was able to motivate and actually manage a game.

Maybe thats too simple but in any case Parcells had his chance... we were a .500 team with no playoff victories.

I hope the door didn't hit him on his way out [if I really disliked him I would have said DID].