Cowboys Fans aren’t the only ones who are conspiracy nuts

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Bengals DC said they came out after the half with a completely different scheme to defend the Chiefs. Mahomes and Reid could not counter it and never recovered. They abandoned the run and Mahomes was confused most of the 2nd half.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
But yet he is not getting roasted for it, at least on here, or from what little I seen this morning. I have not watched too much of any pundit talk yet.
Maybe late this afternoon, when I get all my stuff done.

He has gone to the SB with his team the last 2 years, he will get a pass. No secret I believe in Dak to do the job in Dallas and to help this team achieve a title, but it falls to him and his team to go out and do it and until that happen he will catch hell, just the way it is. However I never allow how other people feel to affect my own judgement.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Legally the NFL is allowed to determine the outcome of their own games because technically they are Sports entertainment. That's the literal law when a fan sued the NFL in court and a judge said that.

There have been literal cases in history of sports betting scandals with refs being caught rigging games for gambling benefit and players taking dives. I'm not saying the NFL is rigged and setup but to laugh it off and completely deny it you are naive. This is a multi billion dollar business. When you have greed, ego, and human error anything can happen.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Whats more likely .

A. The referees collude in order to fix games .

B. The referees are part time employees , often out of shape and older which means their vision is not optimal and thus these factors all lead to terrible calls .

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
But yet he is not getting roasted for it, at least on here, or from what little I seen this morning. I have not watched too much of any pundit talk yet.
Maybe late this afternoon, when I get all my stuff done.

He's getting roasted in the national media by the usual suspects, and he should. Not sure why Cowboys fans should be the ones doing it.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
..lol....what are Dallas fans doing over at KC message boards? ;)..

I like to see how other fanbases react to certain events or outcomes.

Part of the fun is comparing their reactions to how we react to things on here. For example, some Chiefs fans were saying things like “Mahomes has lost his confidence!”. Crazy how quick a fanbase can turn on a player, even if they’re at the top of their position.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Whats more likely .

A. The referees collude in order to fix games .

B. The referees are part time employees , often out of shape and older which means their vision is not optimal and thus these factors all lead to terrible calls .

What is a full time official going to do when they only work one game per week, for 4-5 months? They're all going to become world class athletes? They're going to watch film so as to never make a mistake?

Come to think of it, that describes NFL players and they make mistakes every game. Expecting refs to never miss a call is unrealistic.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Except they aren't theories. Have been proven many times.

What has been proven, specifically? Can you link an article that supports your claim? I’m not proud, I’ll gladly accept I’m wrong as long as there’s credible evidence.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like to see how other fanbases react to certain events or outcomes.

Part of the fun is comparing their reactions to how we react to things on here. For example, some Chiefs fans were saying things like “Mahomes has lost his confidence!”. Crazy how quick a fanbase can turn on a player, even if they’re at the top of their position.

Mahomes has made a lot of crazy throws in his career and has gotten away it but the same gun slinger mentality can sometimes cost you. I don't see him changing how he plays the game nor should he but I also know there will be times that it will backfire on him. If I were a KC fan I would be willing to live with it.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Legally the NFL is allowed to determine the outcome of their own games because technically they are Sports entertainment. That's the literal law when a fan sued the NFL in court and a judge said that.

There have been literal cases in history of sports betting scandals with refs being caught rigging games for gambling benefit and players taking dives. I'm not saying the NFL is rigged and setup but to laugh it off and completely deny it you are naive. This is a multi billion dollar business. When you have greed, ego, and human error anything can happen.

So you’re basically agreeing with my general stance. Cool.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Mahomes has made a lot of crazy throws in his career and has gotten away it but the same gun slinger mentality can sometimes cost you. I don't see him changing how he plays the game nor should he but I also know there will be times that it will backfire on him. If I were a KC fan I would be willing to live with it.

This was how guys like Favre and Romo played too. I agree, I would accept Mahomes as he is.

But did you see how much time he had in the pocket on many of his plays, including the game tying drive? Good lord.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This was how guys like Favre and Romo played too. I agree, I would accept Mahomes as he is.

But did you see how much time he had in the pocket on many of his plays, including the game tying drive? Good lord.

I agree, I was very impressed by the protection Mahomes got for much of the game. Late in the game I did think he screwed up and taking some big sacks that could have been prevented but it is who he is.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
From the Chiefs message boards:

• While I didn't think it would happen like this, it was pretty obvious this is the outcome they wanted. I know we've been made to believe teams like Cin can come back from 18 down like it's nothing, while the team with the best qb in the league only scores three points, but that's not realistic. Can it happen..sure..and that is where they get most people. With how KC was playing they should have torn Cin a new *******, but it's NFL entertainment. Talent doesn't matter, players don't matter it's all about money.
  • That second half looked like a masterclass in point shaving.
  • The NFL is just like any other job, you do what your boss tells you to do. When you see Goodell in the press box and you’re the home team, it’s not a good thing for you.
And I thought our conspiracy theories about the refs were bad.

I personally don’t think the NFL is rigged. Or at least not at a level where the league can guarantee a “fixed” outcome. It’s funny to see how other fanbases go through denial like we do sometimes.
The wife and I were talking about that yesterday, I said it's like the ole WWE.

Then that announcer came on a minute later and said..."Are you ready to rumble"...We both cracked up laughing.

Of course it's rigged!

MajesticRey

Reaction score
I agree, I was very impressed by the protection Mahomes got for much of the game. Late in the game I did think he screwed up and taking some big sacks that could have been prevented but it is who he is.

11:56 Mark
With 39 seconds left in regulation, Mahomes has a chance to snag a potentially game winning TD and he has nearly EIGHT seconds in a clean pocket untouched. And guess what, there was no penalty called on the OL for holding because their QB “held the ball too long”. Funny how people here think their QB holding the ball frees the OL of blame.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
The wife and I were talking about that yesterday, I said it's like the ole WWE.

Then that announcer came on a minute later and said..."Are you ready to rumble"...We both cracked up laughing.

Of course it's rigged!
How so? Mahomes got paid by Vegas to throw an interception? :rolleyes:

droopdog7

Reaction score
I don't think there is a single fanbase that doesn't have conspiracy theorist in it

Doomsday101

Reaction score

11:56 Mark
With 39 seconds left in regulation, Mahomes has a chance to snag a potentially game winning TD and he has nearly EIGHT seconds in a clean pocket untouched. And guess what, there was no penalty called on the OL for holding because their QB “held the ball too long”. Funny how people here think their QB holding the ball frees the OL of blame.

I agree, I'm sure some holding took place but frankly refs were not calling a lot of things in that game. For the most part holding on to the ball to long can result in a holding call, OL is only going to hold up so long and even once the QB starts to move out of the pocket we see OL put in position of holding. I know people want easy scapegoats to blame but frankly in every game where a team loses if you look you will see multiple plays that lead to the loss, not 1 single guy

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
It’s rigged. Nothing guarantees its legitimacy. It’s legalized entertainment of for profit corporations and nothing more. They just have to produce enough air of legitimacy and integrity so people can believe that things can happen the way they want as long as the gladiators can scream, “Are you not entertained!?”

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From the Chiefs message boards:

• While I didn't think it would happen like this, it was pretty obvious this is the outcome they wanted. I know we've been made to believe teams like Cin can come back from 18 down like it's nothing, while the team with the best qb in the league only scores three points, but that's not realistic. Can it happen..sure..and that is where they get most people. With how KC was playing they should have torn Cin a new *******, but it's NFL entertainment. Talent doesn't matter, players don't matter it's all about money.
  • That second half looked like a masterclass in point shaving.
  • The NFL is just like any other job, you do what your boss tells you to do. When you see Goodell in the press box and you’re the home team, it’s not a good thing for you.
And I thought our conspiracy theories about the refs were bad.

I personally don’t think the NFL is rigged. Or at least not at a level where the league can guarantee a “fixed” outcome. It’s funny to see how other fanbases go through denial like we do sometimes.

Its very common which is why the threads here blaming the officiating for our sloppy play were comical.