Cowboys Fans aren’t the only ones who are conspiracy nuts

Doomsday101

Reaction score
conspiracy? You have 32 owners, hundreds of players past and present and every one has managed to keep this a secret? lol Yeah not buying into it,

glimmerman

Reaction score
Well certainly you understand we are on the friends and family program when it comes to roster spots and playing time!
Yeah the buddy list was certainly in place for the staff. The ST coach seemed to improve the ST except the kicker. But MM buddy that’s the O-Line coach needs to go. Should have been gone at bye week. If he comes back then our O-Line won’t change..

glimmerman

Reaction score
conspiracy? You have 32 owners, hundreds of players past and present and every one has managed to keep this a secret? lol Yeah not buying into it,
Especially the refs themselves. You would think one of them would have grown a conscious. Unless they get paid a lot more money under the table..

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Mahomes and the Chiefs had at least 2 and a half quarters to put away the Bengals after KC jumped to a 21-3 lead. They couldn't do it and Mahomes folded under the pressure of that game and made several bad decisions. As did Andy Reid in not kicking the FG to end the 1st half.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
You won't get spit. That's the MO of the CONspiracy folks. Just insert hazy suppositions into a situation full of "could be's" and offer nothing else. Well, it "could be" that Bryan Anger trains with Bigfoot during the offseason and that explains his superior footwork with punts. I mean, there have been known reported sightings of Bigfoot so you do the math. Lol.

I’m just trying to give the benefit of the doubt here.
:muttley:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Especially the refs themselves. You would think one of them would have grown a conscious. Unless they get paid a lot more money under the table..

Insider story to the media for a good pay day and you bet someone in the media would be willing to pay for an exclusive story. I hate to lose but in the end I blame Dallas for losing not the league and not the refs. The game is played by humans with mistakes and errors and they are officiated by humans who miss calls and make mistakes. When I was kid playing ball be it football or baseball people complained and blamed the ref, it is an age old story and nothing has changed.

Fact is there are many times when after watching replay I find the ref was right but my 1st reaction is they missed the call only to have replay confirm it was correct. Of course there are bad calls that happen.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Insider story to the media for a good pay day and you bet someone in the media would be willing to pay for an exclusive story. I hate to lose but in the end I blame Dallas for losing not the league and not the refs. The game is played by humans with mistakes and errors and they are officiated by humans who miss calls and make mistakes. When I was kid playing ball be it football or baseball people complained and blamed the ref, it is an age old story and nothing has changed.

Fact is there are many times when after watching replay I find the ref was right but my 1st reaction is they missed the call only to have replay confirm it was correct. Of course there are bad calls that happen.
I think we maybe watched more than other teams because we are the most talked about. But I will say some boggle the mind. There could for sure be dirty refs that shave or alter things for personal reasons being paid on the side from someone. But not really a league wide conspiracy. But that no call in the saints game. How was that not corrected on the field.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think we maybe watched more than other teams because we are the most talked about. But I will say some boggle the mind. There could for sure be dirty refs that shave or alter things for personal reasons being paid on the side from someone. But not really a league wide conspiracy. But that no call in the saints game. How was that not corrected on the field.

I think many calls were legit, maybe some ticky tacky calls as well but it falls to players and coaches to clean up the vast majority and like other team you live with the bad calls and questionable calls. Outside of that not much you can do but you start letting that stuff into your head it only makes winning harder.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The absurdity of KC fans to think there is a conspiracy against them by the league, it's crazy. The league only has a conspiracy against the Cowboys.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I hope his buddy the ST coach won’t insist on keeping him. JJ made a few comments about him missing so he maybe gone or we draft one with a late round pick or late round comp pick if we have one..
We just need to get one that is reliable at EP and has accuracy in moderate to long Fg and I like Bones as a ST coach but sometimes friendship and loyalty in the NFL will get you fired. It's supposed to be what is best for the team first and foremost.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
We've been told on here that Andy Reid is a coaching genius and among the best of all time. His decision to go for a TD to end the first half (along with the ridiculous decision by Mahomes to not throw the ball in the end zone) cost his team this game. He kicks a FG there, they go into halftime with momentum. Instead, he made a horrendous decision, Cincy got the stop and took the momentum into halftime. If McCarthy didn't kick a FG in that scenario, he'd be burning in effigy outside AT&T.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From the Chiefs message boards:

• While I didn't think it would happen like this, it was pretty obvious this is the outcome they wanted. I know we've been made to believe teams like Cin can come back from 18 down like it's nothing, while the team with the best qb in the league only scores three points, but that's not realistic. Can it happen..sure..and that is where they get most people. With how KC was playing they should have torn Cin a new *******, but it's NFL entertainment. Talent doesn't matter, players don't matter it's all about money.
  • That second half looked like a masterclass in point shaving.
  • The NFL is just like any other job, you do what your boss tells you to do. When you see Goodell in the press box and you’re the home team, it’s not a good thing for you.
And I thought our conspiracy theories about the refs were bad.

I personally don’t think the NFL is rigged. Or at least not at a level where the league can guarantee a “fixed” outcome. It’s funny to see how other fanbases go through denial like we do sometimes.

The NFL is a massive cash cow.
No need to put the fix in..... ;)

glimmerman

Reaction score
We just need to get one that is reliable at EP and has accuracy in moderate to long Fg and I like Bones as a ST coach but sometimes friendship and loyalty in the NFL will get you fired. It's supposed to be what is best for the team first and foremost.
Totally agree. JG let our O-Line coach go and never offered him a contract so he was hired and still coaches the bengals O-Line (guess who is in the sb).. The fired O-Line coach (alexander) was JG buddy and he hired him. Our O-Line got bad because he was changing things, he was fired at the bye week and brought in Colombo with Houck out of retirement to over look things. They got better but made JG look really bad for letting our coach go that was doing a great job. Guessing if we still had Pollack some of these penalties would be under control..

dmaschuck

Reaction score
It is incredible the degree of cognitive dissonance people have with sports and their refusal to see the absolute scripted clown show they are I could show ya'll something so improbable concerning Burrow's run to the Super Bowl
but why bother you would just consider it mere coincidence

SacredStar

Reaction score
I live in KC and to be honest, their fans are in shock. I also listened all week long to local sports talk shows prior to the game and they didn't give the Bengals a chance either...again they are in shock. Locally, they are also screaming that Mixon's run in OT was a fumble. What plagued KC the first half of the season when they struggled, reared it's head in the second half. Their D, questionable play calling and poor choices by Mahomes but some fans don't want to accept it in my opinion. Misery loves company, so I hate to admit it, but I am enjoying it. Their fan base has been spoiled by KC's success but for those of old enough to have lived in the 90's... I get it.
I live here too and I agree with you. They were worried about Buffalo but thought there was no way Cincy would beat them. They are really quiet today and still in shock. Up 21-3 with everything going their way and poof, they lose.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
That wasn't Mahomes playing , he was kidnapped and made into the Manchurian candidate by some high ranking officials that put all their money on the Bengals. They intercepted the OC radio wave to his helmet and gave the code word to choke,

Aftershock

Reaction score
This postseason, if anything, tells me it ISNT rigged.

Rams/Bengals rather than Mahomes/Rodgers?

Yeah ok.
I’m not a conspiracy nut but I would counter that with

Young handsome heisman winning white qb. Brady retiring vs dorky Kermit the frog
What’s more appealing to advertisers?

Untapped potential in LA market. Biggest sports market after NY vs aging unvaxxed 39 year old qb in the cold of Green Bay…
What’s more appealing to advertisers?