Cowboys Fans aren’t the only ones who are conspiracy nuts

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’m not a conspiracy nut but I would counter that with

Young handsome heisman winning white qb. Brady retiring vs dorky Kermit the frog
What’s more appealing to advertisers?

Untapped potential in LA market. Biggest sports market after NY vs aging unvaxxed 39 year old qb in the cold of Green Bay…
What’s more appealing to advertisers?
Yeah sure who knows?

But it didn't exactly feel like the fix was in when all four teams had less penalties combined this weekend than we did in our disaster.

Redline360

Reaction score
Ah yes KC got away with two blatant facemaks. One that killed a drive for cincy too when they were driving down the field.

Mahomes probably ran two miles for his life in the second half. How many holding calls did they get? Almost damn near impossible not to get holding calls that way

cowboys1732

Reaction score
I live here too and I agree with you. They were worried about Buffalo but thought there was no way Cincy would beat them. They are really quiet today and still in shock. Up 21-3 with everything going their way and poof, they lose.
Yep. My middle daughter was upset because she had to take down her Chief”s stuff at work because they lost. I said “welcome to my world”. I told her she can get it back out in a few days when the sting of losing wears off:)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
lol

tell them Be thankful they let Mahomes run around the backfield multiple times in circles without calling holding

Now let Dak do that and see how many flags come out

yeah. everything is rigged, mate!
We should hold a rally! 'Merica!

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
From the Chiefs message boards:

• While I didn't think it would happen like this, it was pretty obvious this is the outcome they wanted. I know we've been made to believe teams like Cin can come back from 18 down like it's nothing, while the team with the best qb in the league only scores three points, but that's not realistic. Can it happen..sure..and that is where they get most people. With how KC was playing they should have torn Cin a new *******, but it's NFL entertainment. Talent doesn't matter, players don't matter it's all about money.
  • That second half looked like a masterclass in point shaving.
  • The NFL is just like any other job, you do what your boss tells you to do. When you see Goodell in the press box and you’re the home team, it’s not a good thing for you.
And I thought our conspiracy theories about the refs were bad.

I personally don’t think the NFL is rigged. Or at least not at a level where the league can guarantee a “fixed” outcome. It’s funny to see how other fanbases go through denial like we do sometimes.

I may be misinterpreting what is being said here but for the millionth time, Roger Goodell isn’t the “boss” he can’t do anything that the majority of owners don’t let him do

dckid

Reaction score
Misery loves company. Given how they blew that game their fans have to be losing their minds.

I can only imagine this place if that had been the Cowboys blowing an 18 point lead to miss the SB.
KC lost because they are stupid. They passed on three points with 5 seconds left. Dumb decision.
At the end of the game, they screwed around instead of trying to score a TD. Just blows my mind how dumb Andy Reid is sometimes.
Seriously the only reason he has a ring is because he played Jimmy G in the super bowl. Man the biggest thing I got out of the whole playoffs is how bad Jimmy G is and how snake bitten Rogers is now. Rodgers has some serious trust issues and just seems to find a way to lose, he needs some kind of intervention, he should have gone to at least 3 SB's instead of one.. again I didnt say win..

MajesticRey

Reaction score
I may be misinterpreting what is being said here but for the millionth time, Roger Goodell isn’t the “boss” he can’t do anything that the majority of owners don’t let him do
The Goodell comment from the Chiefs fan is basically using Goodell as a representation of the NFL (corporate) as a whole. He’s saying the NFL controls the outcome of games.

RD21

Reaction score
It’s rigged. Nothing guarantees its legitimacy. It’s legalized entertainment of for profit corporations and nothing more. They just have to produce enough air of legitimacy and integrity so people can believe that things can happen the way they want as long as the gladiators can scream, “Are you not entertained!?”

Pretty interesting vid. Dude makes some good points, & adds lots of relevant information.

NFL revenue hasn't been below 11 BILLION dollars in a year, since 2013. That's a LOT of $$$. Everybody paying attention knows, the larger the numbers, the more corruption, & potential for corruption. There's just too much opportunity for it. In 2019 the league revenue was nearly 16 Billion dollars. :eek: To think there aren't millions of dollars in shady deals, & actions, would be naive in my opinion.

Here's the kicker... While the NFL revenues are huge, the REAL money is in gambling. It is estimated that over 100 BILLION is wagered legally on NFL games per year. This number doesn't include all the illegal gambling, bookies, street gambling, etc. I would bet the non-legal side of gambling is at least as big as the legal side. That's insane money. Again, to think there isn't some shady deals going on, is naive.

I think most of us fans just ignore the possibility, & or, don't let it affect our fandom because we want to believe in the sport we love.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Ah yes KC got away with two blatant facemaks. One that killed a drive for cincy too when they were driving down the field.

Mahomes probably ran two miles for his life in the second half. How many holding calls did they get? Almost damn near impossible not to get holding calls that way

It’s all Dak’s fault when our OL gets holding penalties called because Dak took too long to throw. But Mahomes has 9 seconds in the pocket untouched, and no penalty gets called… hmm, could it possibly be that his OL is actually smart enough to not hold?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I don’t think the NFL is rigged, of course, but refs are still people… and people can have some very deep seated dislikes and likes.

For example: Refs can appreciate a player nicely talking to him about a penalty and dislike one who blows up and throws a fit. That kind of bias, IMO, can be very subtle and be there regardless of if the official realizes it or not.

I think that kind of thing happens to all teams. I don’t think anyone is targeting Dallas (or any team) although there could be more folks with deep rooted dislike for Dallas than other teams.

We will probably never know.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
All pro sports are rigged to an extent. I don’t think seasons are mapped out or anything, but results of certain games can be turned very easily and I’m sure it happens.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think way too many people involved for any real conspiracy. The more who know the more likely it is to get out. You have so man coaches, owners and players past and present for me to think this is some WWF.
You got a lot of loud mouths who love talking like a TO or a disgruntled player like AB you really think they are looking to protect the NFL? Only time a so called conspiracy works is when very few people are in the loop, too many people involved the more likely someone will talk. The loss in revenue for the NFL would be beyond great if it were proven the games are not legit. Sorry not buying into the fix

Redline360

Reaction score
It’s all Dak’s fault when our OL gets holding penalties called because Dak took too long to throw. But Mahomes has 9 seconds in the pocket untouched, and no penalty gets called… hmm, could it possibly be that his OL is actually smart enough to not hold?

You can probably call a hold on every play of the game if you wanted to. While Dallas does indeed commit stupid holding penalties that can be seen on replays they also get some of the most ticky tacky calls most teams will never get. Especially those named bucs, Patriots, GB, Pittsburg, KC

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallas is to blame for their own penalties. in 2029 Dallas had 96 penalties on the season and this past year lead the league with 127 penalties. That is something this team needs to clean up, it is on the players and coaches. Fact is Dallas since 2014 has been middle of the pack in terms of penalties so no one is out to get us and Cowboys up until this season has been around avg in terms penalties. I know it is easier to blame the ref but the issue is not with the refs it is with players doing a better job.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
"It's only a conspiracy theory when other fans do it. In our case it's the truth!" - fans of every team.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Pretty interesting vid. Dude makes some good points, & adds lots of relevant information.

NFL revenue hasn't been below 11 BILLION dollars in a year, since 2013. That's a LOT of $$$. Everybody paying attention knows, the larger the numbers, the more corruption, & potential for corruption. There's just too much opportunity for it. In 2019 the league revenue was nearly 16 Billion dollars. :eek: To think there aren't millions of dollars in shady deals, & actions, would be naive in my opinion.

Here's the kicker... While the NFL revenues are huge, the REAL money is in gambling. It is estimated that over 100 BILLION is wagered legally on NFL games per year. This number doesn't include all the illegal gambling, bookies, street gambling, etc. I would bet the non-legal side of gambling is at least as big as the legal side. That's insane money. Again, to think there isn't some shady deals going on, is naive.

I think most of us fans just ignore the possibility, & or, don't let it affect our fandom because we want to believe in the sport we love.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw, for the first time, the NFL use advertising time to actually promote gambling.

They came at in a PSA fashion to caution people to gamble responsibly but nevertheless the league itself actually promotes gambling on its product.

Crazy times....

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

When you're making crazy money every year, regardless of which teams make the playoffs or take home the Lombardi, there's zero reason to "fix" anything. The revenue is obviously not tied to a particular team, it's tied to the existence of the sport.

The only thing that would kill that cash cow would be to stupidly "rig" games and get caught doing it. One whistleblower becomes a hero and the league goes into disarray, along with all of the gambling money.