Cowboys fans have short memories about RBs

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well, this fan base has always been hard on QBs, which is why it's such a big deal to be the QB of this team. Most fans on this board don't remember what it was like for Meredith or Roger and Mortan, or Danny White or even Troy early on. Most fans here remember Romo and now Dak. Cowboy QBs have had it hard for a very long time and for good reason. We've had great QBs here and if you are going to be counted among them, fans aren't going to go easy on that and they shouldn't. I've seen people compare Dak to Troy and Roger and even say he is better then those guys. I've seen many posters compare him to Tony and say that he is better and I'm here to tell you that he isn't even close at this point in his career IMO. He may end up being all those things but he's not close right now IMO. This is why. They don't like it. I get it.
You’ve seen people say Dak was better than those guys. Where at? Where are those posts we? Better than Romo yeah I can see that because he wasn’t a champion. But I haven’t even seen people mention him and Troy.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You’ve seen people say Dak was better than those guys. Where at? Where are those posts we? Better than Romo yeah I can see that because he wasn’t a champion. But I haven’t even seen people mention him and Troy.

Right here on this board. It happens and I understand. If you had caught me as a young Dude and had posed the question, "Who's better, Dandy Don or Roger", I'd have been all in on Rodger. I still believe he is the greatest QB I've ever watched and that's just how it is for me. The difference is that it would have been a discussion between a fan or two and me and that's it. Now you have an entire community that gets in on it and it's a different kind of discussion. You aren't face to face with people, you are on a message board and that's a lot of it too.

GMO415

Reaction score
We now have a HC that tends to overshadow the RB.

Then again, he's never had a RB like EzE

DFWJC

Reaction score
Did Emmitt ever have conditioning issues? Were there ever moments where you questioned his heart on the field?
Emmitt basically invented the RB version of a "business decision" by running out of bounds to save wear and tear long term.
Everyone remembers the heroic Giants game with his arm half off, but he is the first RB I can remember that regularly ran out of bounds vs getting the extra yard. Opposite of Peterson or Campbell.

In the long term, it surely prolonged his career considerably, but people do conveniently forget this.
He also regularly showed up for camp a bit out of shape. Hated training camp and tried his best to avoid it.
Dude had an amazing career, either way

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys have never won a championship without having an elite RB in the backfield. They won their first championship in 1971 with Duane Thomas as their lead back. Their other 4 championships came with Tony Dorsett and Emmitt Smith in the backfield. Our best teams revolved around the running game and a great lead back. Two of the best seasons we’ve had in the past decade were led by backs that led the league in rushing.