Twitter: Cowboys fined for OTA violation

MikeB80

Reaction score
What has happened to NFL owners by the way?

they got super rich when they took advantage of a very weak nfl players union who agreed to give up money in order to have less difficult off seasons and training camps.

Teams are getting these fines because they are violating the terms the union agreed to.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
they got super rich when they took advantage of a very weak nfl players union who agreed to give up money in order to have less difficult off seasons and training camps.

Teams are getting these fines because they are violating the terms the union agreed to.

Owners were already successful. News flash!

Less difficult offseason and training camps? Those poor athletes. The need definitely need more time off.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Owners were already successful. News flash!

Less difficult offseason and training camps? Those poor athletes. The need definitely need more time off.

so this is new to you? Did you miss the labor issues of the past decade? The owners of course were successful you have to be brain dead to own an nfl franchise and not get insanely richer. They made a trade off with a weak players union and they came out with the upper hand.

seems that last statement is a dig on NFL players not working enough or hard enough as compared to say... a plumber or whatever...probably if i am reading your ideology correctly you think teachers are lazy and get to much time off also.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
so this is new to you? Did you miss the labor issues of the past decade? The owners of course were successful you have to be brain dead to own an nfl franchise and not get insanely richer. They made a trade off with a weak players union and they came out with the upper hand.

seems that last statement is a dig on NFL players not working enough or hard enough as compared to say... a plumber or whatever...probably if i am reading your ideology correctly you think teachers are lazy and get to much time off also.

You are already rich if you own an NFL franchise buddy.

Teachers dont get paid 10 million dollars.

plasticman

Reaction score
Probably some fine print about the length of each practice, they might have gone over by 5 minutes. Might be due to the labor agreement.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Are you even a fan? You literally have a recipe to sabotage the coming season. That's all kinds of wrong, dude.

Big Cowboy fan. Not a fan of overpaid mediocre players. You can have Elliott, I'll take Pollard. You can have 6-sacks Lawrence, I'll take the young hungry players. You can have Jaylon Smith, I'll take Cox, Parsons, and some other young players who aren't afraid to tackle and have a clue as to what their assignment is.

chagus

Reaction score
Big Cowboy fan. Not a fan of overpaid mediocre players. You can have Elliott, I'll take Pollard. You can have 6-sacks Lawrence, I'll take the young hungry players. You can have Jaylon Smith, I'll take Cox, Parsons, and some other young players who aren't afraid to tackle and have a clue as to what their assignment is.

Subtraction by subtraction. Yeah, good luck with that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

You hate the NFL and the Cowboys so much so tell me, why do you watch? Or do you?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Could you imagine if this story was shown to any player or coach associated with the NFL 25 or more years ago? They'd collapse on the floor in laughter.

Listen, I'm all for the new player safety rules; especially since today's players are bigger, stronger, and faster than any in the history of the sport. But handing out six figure fines because a few players got a little physical in an off season workout just seems a bit excessive to me. Or maybe I'm getting older faster than I think.

John813

Reaction score
So, if players, on their own accord, went "too hard" in OTAs the team gets fined?

Is MM supposed to run out into the trenches blowing his whistle screaming to stop it?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
8 Games would be better but I’ll take 6 games. Would save about $6M on the cap. Might trigger a contract clause voiding the whole contract.

I think that is true about suspensions voiding contracts.

terra

Reaction score
I have a hunch pollard is going to be like every other backup RB we have had. If given the chance to step up he will spit the bit.