Twitter: Cowboys fined for OTA violation

DandyDon52

Reaction score
fines are nothing to owners, and even coaches, but I do wonder where that specific $ goes ??
bad thing is cowboys lose a week of ota next year.

Bottom line is they set limitations, and if a team goes beyond that it isnt fair to teams that play by the rules is it?
It is cheating essentially.
how they know, it may not be players , they may have others watching all this. Otherwise more teams would also cheat.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I thought this was the NFL! Isn't this the NFL? I'm sorry, I thought this was the NFL!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Wouldnt be the first time right... but if anyone had the right to practice early it was the Cowboys with HOF game and first night thursday game, so it has to be about extended practices or some other very minor procedure infraction.
Maybe the balls were over inflated like the commish.

I couldn't agree more. I was just getting ready to say much the same thing. The Cowboys are surely a team needing to prepare more than most of the teams who have been rocking along with continuity on their side. I'm not really concerned with our fine nearly as much as Stephen might be! ;)

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Well if you practice harder and get better than a lazy team, that's just not fair!!! :laugh:
Still waiting for the official explanation, but as long as we are not forfeiting draft picks, these imposed fines are meaningless wrist slaps, so the violations have to be very minor breaches of the CBA regarding practice, but still very curious to see exactly for what.

Flamma

Reaction score
While that's largely true, everyone's favorite boogeyman has nothing to do with the NFL Management Council's decisions.

The Council's Chairman is a man named Harold Henderson. They ensure compliance with the CBA, as they negotiate it with the NFLPA.

My best
While that's largely true, everyone's favorite boogeyman has nothing to do with the NFL Management Council's decisions.

The Council's Chairman is a man named Harold Henderson. They ensure compliance with the CBA, as they negotiate it with the NFLPA.

Yep, it's definitely a union thing. But I'm guessing it started with a players complaint to a union rep, then they investigated.

Any place that has a union, the Management pretty much police themselves because they know all it takes is one person to spill the beans.

cowboyed

Reaction score
With McCarthy singled out maybe we went over a weight limit or something.
Caught on film during the OTAs on one occasion was McCarthy tripping and falling to the ground on the sidelines but the last straw was him rocking himself to sleep trying to get up.

JBS

Reaction score
I think the NFL sends representatives to every teams facilities during otas.

Clearly they felt Dallas was practicing on too high of a level and felt it was necessary to prohibit them from practicing the next day.

Consider it like computer assistance in video games, the NFL is just trying to keep the playing field level.