Cowboys first round picks since 2012

ondaedg

Reaction score
Patriots first round picks since 2012: 2012: Chandler Jones (gone) Dont’a Hightower 2013: No Pick 2014: Dominique Easley (gone) 2015: Malcom Brown (gone) 2016: No Pick 2017: No Pick 2018: Isaiah Wynn (hurt) Sony Michel (running back) 2019: N’Keal Harry (hurt)

Patriots are the epitome of draft fail. It's no wonder they can't win a SB.

:huh:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas Cowboys draft history.

http://www.drafthistory.com/teams/cowboys.html

Go back and look at some of Jimmy's drafts. The early years they looked good only because the talent level was so low they made the team, and made the drafts look good, but few went on to have any more success than drafts now. Many of those players would have been UDFA's if they had a 7 round draft.
Even his later years in the draft, only 2 or 3 had any real impact.

Any one remember Jimmy's Taco, named Shante Carver?
Kevin Gogan was actually drafted by Tom Landry.

Look at some of the mid 80's drafts, talking about bad drafting. For 84 and 85, Billy Canon Jr and Kevin Brooks...Taco is all pro compared to them.

So before you knock the recent Taco type picks, go back and learn some draft history.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys draft history.

http://www.drafthistory.com/teams/cowboys.html

Go back and look at some of Jimmy's drafts. The early years they looked good only because the talent level was so low they made the team, and made the drafts look good, but few went on to have any more success than drafts now. Many of those players would have been UDFA's if they had a 7 round draft.
Even his later years in the draft, only 2 or 3 had any real impact.

Any one remember Jimmy's Taco, named Shante Carver?
Kevin Gogan was actually drafted by Tom Landry.

Look at some of the mid 80's drafts, talking about bad drafting. For 84 and 85, Billy Canon Jr and Kevin Brooks...Taco is all pro compared to them.

So before you knock the recent Taco type picks, go back and learn some draft history.

Carver sucked big time!

Michael Irvin was drafted by Landry as well.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Just think back to this time last year and how the descriptions on that list are significantly different.

2012: Morris Claiborne (gone)
2013: Travis Frederick (All-Pro Stud)
2014: Zack Martin (All-Pro Stud)
2015: Byron Jones (Good but not great)
2016: Ezekiel Elliott (ProBowl, 2x rushing champ, Stud)
2017: Taco Chartlon (Bust, Marinelli's doghouse)
2018: Leighton Vander Esch (Stud)

And think about their draft position. Getting two players who turn into Pro Bowlers in the very end of the 1st round (Fred and Byron) is a huge win. The tweet is complaining about getting 6 Pro Bowls out of draft spots that usually just give you a solid starter.

EJK24

Reaction score
They screwed up on Taco and Mo.....I hate these type of tweets. Its like guys sit around and wait for something to knock them for. Go look at the Patriots first round picks since 2012.........didn't stop them from winning rings. Check out the Eagles too. Got themselves a ring.

Funny how they "randomly" chose 2012 as the year to go back to. Why not 2011? I guess it has nothing to do with the fact that Tyron was drafted there and became one of the best tackles in the league during his time with the team. I guess when you have an agenda you gotta use what fits your argument even if it means ignoring facts.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Funny how they "randomly" chose 2012 as the year to go back to. Why not 2011? I guess it has nothing to do with the fact that Tyron was drafted there and became one of the best tackles in the league during his time with the team. I guess when you have an agenda you gotta use what fits your argument even if it means ignoring facts.

Great point. We also used our 2019 #1 on a Pro Bowl WR that was the same age as Calvin Ridley when he was drafted. The difference is we had to pay much higher salaries instead of Amari's rookie contract.

BigD_95

Reaction score

well they hit on 5 of the 7

cant really fought the team on injuries.

Note: I have Claiborne as a miss even though he played., Never lived up to the draft status but the entire NFL league & experts had him rated that high. Not like the Cowboys screwed up and reached for a bad player. He was supposed to be a cant miss.

Also lets add 2019 for Cooper in the plus side.

I actually think the front office has been doing pretty well. Taco is the only clear miss

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Patriots first round picks since 2012: 2012: Chandler Jones (gone) Dont’a Hightower 2013: No Pick 2014: Dominique Easley (gone) 2015: Malcom Brown (gone) 2016: No Pick 2017: No Pick 2018: Isaiah Wynn (hurt) Sony Michel (running back) 2019: N’Keal Harry (hurt)

So, what was the point of your opening post? Were you bragging or complaining or just putting information out there for people to discuss? Sounds like you were complaining since you provided no context or comparable data from other teams until called out. Kudos to you for getting the information. Either way, it ended up being a nice discussion. So, thanks for posting.

I did like the comment '1 with a SB ring and 5 pro-bowlers.'

rockj7

Reaction score
I'd say this year's #1 should be a center or offensive tackle,,, can't go wrong with OL.

We do ok when it comes to the Offensive side of the ball as for the Defense side of the ball not so much .

jnday

Reaction score
Only really terrible pick was Taco.

Mo was decent but we gave up so much draft capital is what hurts
Marinelli’s personal picks didn’t work out so great. I may be wrong, but I think that Taco played well in Miami compared to the effort that He put out in Dallas.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What is the OP's point? For the most part, they are great players and great picks.

InTheZone

Reaction score
They screwed up on Taco and Mo.....I hate these type of tweets. Its like guys sit around and wait for something to knock them for. Go look at the Patriots first round picks since 2012.........didn't stop them from winning rings. Check out the Eagles too. Got themselves a ring.
When you have a coach, QB, good offensive support and a well disciplined defense you can afford to miss on picks. We only have had 1 of those.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

Lol, but we had RED and those 2 did not.