Cowboys fixing big Mazi Smith mistake from 2023 as Mike Zimmer arrives

Chasing6

Reaction score
Only in Dallas would they use a #1 pick, have him lose 35 to 40 pounds and expect him to be better at DT. He should have been kept at 327 and just told to plug up the middle. Hope Zimm uses him like he was meant to be used and was successful in college.
If that was the plan, then then draft him in round in round 3 or later as a project player.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
How is it a problem if his job is to eat up space and keep the LB's clean to run freely. If we drafted him to penetrate the OLine then we are stupid.

If we drafted him in the first, thinking Michigan misused him we are stupid.
We finally draft a true 1T and then decide to try and turn him into a 3T, with our first rounder.
Brilliant.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I bet Zim was brought in to specifically make Mazi a non - bust.
No egg on face for Jerry on this one, Jerry is all in on making Mazi a worthy selection.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Only in Dallas would they use a #1 pick, have him lose 35 to 40 pounds and expect him to be better at DT. He should have been kept at 327 and just told to plug up the middle. Hope Zimm uses him like he was meant to be used and was successful in college.
What a monumental mistake that was, who does this.. only in Dallas.

CCBoy

Reaction score
What a monumental mistake that was, who does this.. only in Dallas.
Take a big man with those strength tendencies and then make him a much smaller man....pure genius based upon speed and not dominance.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Taking Mazi in round one is evidence to me they definitely wanted Kincaid. When Buffalo traded in front of us, Dallas didn’t have a plan.
Why did we even need Kincaid. I know he is a stud, but we had no idea what we had in Ferguson.

We definitely don't know how to use 2 TE's.

Prossman2

Reaction score
One thing about Zimmer, he doesn't like playing players at multiple positions. Put them in a spot and let them learn it. DQ is another rush the passer and stop the run on ur way coach. He didn't want a 1 tech, so he tried to covert him to a 3 tech. If you think Mazi woke up one day and decided to drop 50 pounds on his own, you need to stop chugging the Kool-Aid. Thats the front office trying not to look like total morons. I also love DQs comment on why we kept so few LBs Just wait and see what I do at LB with safeties....... talk about setting the players up to fail. Mazi may be a bust, but can we get his weight back up and play him in a position he has played his entire life and see what happens. Just don't count on him and get another big guy,

kskboys

Reaction score
One thing about Zimmer, he doesn't like playing players at multiple positions. Put them in a spot and let them learn it. DQ is another rush the passer and stop the run on ur way coach. He didn't want a 1 tech, so he tried to covert him to a 3 tech. If you think Mazi woke up one day and decided to drop 50 pounds on his own, you need to stop chugging the Kool-Aid. Thats the front office trying not to look like total morons. I also love DQs comment on why we kept so few LBs Just wait and see what I do at LB with safeties....... talk about setting the players up to fail. Mazi may be a bust, but can we get his weight back up and play him in a position he has played his entire life and see what happens. Just don't count on him and get another big guy,
Zimmer is a legit NFL coach, something we've been lacking on D.

kskboys

Reaction score
Why did we even need Kincaid. I know he is a stud, but we had no idea what we had in Ferguson.

We definitely don't know how to use 2 TE's.
Yes we did. Ferguson had already shown to be capable.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yes we did. Ferguson had already shown to be capable.
Then what was the point of Drafting a TE in round 2? We were trying to replace Schultz, when we already had a replacement on the roster.

kskboys

Reaction score
Then what was the point of Drafting a TE in round 2? We were trying to replace Schultz, when we already had a replacement on the roster.
There was no point. It just did not make sense.