Cowboys franchise tagging DeMarcus Lawrence

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this thing is not going to end well for the cowboys awful to spend 20 million on a guy who will not be in the offseason stuff or may miss regular season games

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This gives the two sides until the NFL deadline of July 15 to come to terms on what will undoubtedly be a market-setting extension, but the sooner the contract is signed, the better — considering Lawrence is a prime holdout candidate. If the negotiations stretch beyond the beginning of the offseason program this spring, you can expect a similar situation seen when wide receiver Dez Bryant and right guard Zack Martin opted to protect themselves by skipping team activities until pen met paper. Often, NFL teams have utilized the franchise tag as nothing more than a holding pattern that lasts only a few weeks, and it's possible that's what we're seeing here.

This is especially true when considering without a new deal in place, the Cowboys would have to fork over north of $20 million to Lawrence on the second tag.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...X9GHsu4y8WG1XhJE-DnKdvNYhPZmyatvck85l_LoUhAss

BillyBates

Reaction score
why poke the bear? we have to pay him his value. of all the players we have on D really? not cool

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
why poke the bear? we have to pay him his value. of all the players we have on D really? not cool
I am more concerned about him using his shoulder surgery that has yet to be performed if things get nasty.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I agree that a deal will get down but with a deadline approaching Cowboys were not going to let him hit FA market. I still think a deal will get done, the Franchise tag just buys them more time to get something done.

Maybe but like I've said before, it can also get ugly. What about the surgery?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Smh....they are picking the wrong time to be cheap. Especially since they don’t have a first rounder and won’t be players in free agency.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Maybe but like I've said before, it can also get ugly. What about the surgery?

It could, I have seen ugly negotiations before. Like Emmitt Smith but even before Jerry and Smith had a show down, I saw Tony Dorsett deal that got a bit nasty with him making some heated comments. As a fan all I can do is sit back and hope both sides can hammer out a deal and when all is said and done after it is signed to let it go. I try to remember lots of things are said in these situation but it tends to be just business and is soon put behind them once it gets done. Yes I do think they will get something done

dwreck27

Reaction score
Let the twitter drama begin...

Can’t wait for teammates to start chiming in with obligatory tweets of “pay that man!” “Business shaking my head” “Give that man his money!”