Cowboys Free Agency: Low-Cost Answer at RB in Zack Moss

Chasing6

Reaction score
we dont have a legit OL.

what you are thinkig right now is not what we have, and wont have next season.

I would agree with you, maybe the RBBC is suspect, it really doesnt play in this league as much, great against bad teams.
If we get a legit power Center it will drastically improve our OLine. Both of our guards constantly having to help out Biadazs, so he does not get over powered is a problem.

JPJ or Barton in the draft would have a massive impact on our OLine. Save the money going to a RB and resign Tyron Smith. Draft a RB in the middle rounds and sign a vet after the draft. Their will be plenty still sitting there without a team.

NE had a RBC and it worked out very well.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
It's a big risk going into the season expecting a rookie to take the bulk of the snaps, and this team isn't in a position to run the risk. If you rookie busts, the offense is toast. The window of opportunity is closing rapidly and the coaches are all on one year deals. It wouldn't take much to bring in a solid veteran to compete. There are a bunch of good players hitting the market, and I don't see many teams spending big on a high risk position.

FWIW, most years, 70% or more of the top 10 rushers were picked in the first couple of rounds. There are good runners to be found later in the draft, but the hit rate isn't as successful as most seem to think. I would absolutely not be OK with a rookie 4th round pick or later being the penciled in as starter unless somebody drops dramatically. Our current depth players aren't bad, but I don't see any of them as starting level players at this time. Whatever rookie(s?) we bring in needs to earn the job by proving they belong in that spot.
Zeke did it and led the league

ShiningStar

Reaction score
If we get a legit power Center it will drastically improve our OLine. Both of our guards constantly having to help out Biadazs, so he does not get over powered is a problem.

JPJ or Barton in the draft would have a massive impact on our OLine. Save the money going to a RB and resign Tyron Smith. Draft a RB in the middle rounds and sign a vet after the draft. Their will be plenty still sitting there without a team.

NE had a RBC and it worked out very well.
not happening.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Zeke did it and led the league
Zeke was the #4 overall pick. You're feeding into my point. I'm comfortable with a first or second round back because the hit rate is much higher. If we gamble and lose, so be it...but the odds are in our favor. Otherwise, we need a vet as insurance. Would you disagree?

plasticman

Reaction score
One of the things all Cowboys Super Bowl teams had was a dominant running game spearheaded by a dominant RB.

Duane Thomas, Tony Dorsett, and Emmitt Smith....yes, it's a different NFL today.

With an elite quarterback, a playmaker that excels when they need him the most, I believe they could get away with a "cheap answer".

Does this sound like the Dallas Cowboys?

Even when they were winning Super Bowls with a dominant RB, the Cowboys still had an elite quarterback.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
who says? no you dont, you stop and continue to crush a depleted line. the Cowboys are going to trot out rainbows and fairy dust. No DC worth his salt is going to respect our line when they know they can bully it. Barkley will only thrive afgainst bad teams. start thinking football and not players.
Sure I do.