Cowboys Free Agency: Low-Cost Answer at RB in Zack Moss

Big_D

Reaction score
It’s basically the whole league outside of a few teams.
How many are legit contenders? Or have absolute garbage at QB come playoff time. I don’t see this ‘any RB in the draft’ coupled with a minimum wage vet strategy working out here.

kskboys

Reaction score
NFL consensus board
Deuce Vaughn 142
Kenny McIntosh 145
Lew Nichols 384
Zach Evans 110. Red flagged for character issues.
No it's not. The NFL does not have a consensus board.

Big_D

Reaction score
No it's not. The NFL does not have a consensus board.
The fact that they even waited until the 5th is funny. Which of course circles back to a blocking TE catching minimal passes in round 2. The exact type of low pay scale position you can fill in free agency. The stupidity makes your blood boil. Ronald Jones and a very undersized round 5 back. Who the heck is making these decisions? By the time they drafted Deuce it didn’t even matter. RB should’ve been a much bigger priority early on.

Aven8

Reaction score
Geeez, what are you, 12 years old? Your post doesn't even make sense.

Better RB prospects than Deuce who went after 212: Zach Evans, Kenny MacIntosh, Lew NichollsIII. There. Now, do your little childish thingie and deny that they're better, I'm sure that's all you got.

Sad part is, I liked the Deuce pick, hoped he could play at this level. Sadly, it doesn't appear so. I have zero issues w/ us throwing a late 6th at him because of his daddy. Why does that bother you?
I think Vaughn can play but no RB can play behind that run scheme last year. Vaughn was getting hit in the backfield over and over.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Guy averages 400 yards a year.
Has he ever been the starter for a whole year? If so, yeah that's not good, but for a part time player you'd have to look at his games to see if he's worth the look. But then again, if he's never been a starter, what evidence do we have he can be an effective starter?

Just wondering...

Landryhat73

Reaction score
I would bet you can resign Pollard for around 2 years $5to$6 million, with only half guaranteed. Don't think the position is valued to pay anymore.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Some fans try to hard.

REALLY? 27 and you think than we ll be a starter?

Not in this league anymore. RBs are eitehr ready or not, no time to develop.

Draft one or sign one off the streets, dont care, no need to pluck one thats already in the league and hasnt done it yet.

I know, i know a lot of you guys want to keep the team down, but some of us strive to be winners.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Better RB prospects than Deuce who went after 212: Zach Evans, Kenny MacIntosh, Lew NichollsIII.
Deuce was the #1 player remaining on the board when the Cowboys were on the clock.

That has been verified so it's not open to debate.

rambo2

Reaction score
Deuce was the #1 player remaining on the board when the Cowboys were on the clock.

That has been verified so it's not open to debate.
I even gave him the numbers on the consensus board and he claims it isn't true.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
One vet RB I can get behind signing is Moss. 4 years in the league he is only 27 and started a bunch of games. Would cost less than half as much as the big names. Add a day 2 draft pick to him and the RB position is set.

Cowboys Free Agency: Low-Cost Answer at RB in Zack Moss​

One of the positions the Dallas Cowboys will be addressing this offseason is running back. With Tony Pollard and Rico Dowdle expected to hit the open market, America's Team has been linked to some big name free agent replacements.
Timm Hamm
3/3/24

FRISCO - One of the positions the Dallas Cowboys will be addressing this offseason is running back. With Tony Pollard and Rico Dowdle expected to hit the open market, America's Team has been linked to some big name free agent replacements.

Derrick Henry, Josh Jacobs, Austin Eckeler and Saquon Barkley have all been linked to the Cowboys at some point.

But those players - as effective as they could be - come at tremendous cost. The Cowboys might need to shop for more of a bargain in their current salary cap situation. One possible answer could be Indianapolis Colts ball carrier Zack Moss.

Moss is projected by Spotrac to sign for two years and $9.2 million. An absolute bargain price compared to Henry, who is expected to get more than double that for a one-year deal at $10.3 million, and Barkley, who Spotrac predicts will sign somewhere for three years and $29.9 million.

If the Cowboys are looking to save some money at running back. Moss could be a good low-cost signing.

More: https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...ing-back-zack-moss-tony-pollard-draft-combine

zack-moss.jpg
so this fills the 3rd stringer spot. what about a starter?