Twitter: Cowboys Free Agency Spending Ranking last 5 years

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
there's literally no reason to separate them. either your whole approach works, or it fails. handing out merit badges does nothing
You don't know what you are talking about.

Skins - Multi-time winners of free agency.

Patriots - Zero time winners of free agency.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
this one of the worst analogy's i've ever heard. free agency isn't insurance, it's aftermarket parts.

On insurance, I was responding to
They overspend on crap players that they have to cut before they even earn their keep.​

And the context was Carroll. We drafted CBs. We covered with a covered with a free agent.

The point is that cutting the player is actually the desired outcome, just as not wrecking your car is the desired outcome. We're hoping that the drafted works out. If not, we have to use the cheapo free agent.

Insurance.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Does the list include our own FAs?

It does not.

Let's make a dumb list that penalizes a team for getting a great player in the draft and then being able to lock them up long term.

Smith, Frederick, Lawrence ... Don't matter. We only want to recognize teams who give big contracts to guys drafted by other teams

You sound like you view this list as a negative one.

I dont feel that way. This list is a great example of how we seem to finally get a grip of how to handly things in the salary cap era.

And btw the twitter poster never gave it his personal rating. So it was just meant for pure information.