Cowboys get roasted on Twitter over Cooper trade

AtlCPA

Reaction score
There was a lot of ruage here last year that Dallas didn't top Philly's offer of a 4th round pick for Jay Ajayi. Ajayi had less than 600 yards rushing for the Eagles.
I’m actually surprised the Eagles didn’t trade for a running back. They don’t have anyone decent at that position.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The word was out that we were looking at WRs. We probably had discussions or calls with anybody who had a starting caliber WR to see what we might offer for anybody on the trade block. It's safe to say that we had a sense of the prices on these guys before pulling the trigger on Cooper. Personally, I'd have been all over Tate for a 3rd, but that's just me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There was a lot of ruage here last year that Dallas didn't top Philly's offer of a 4th round pick for Jay Ajayi. Ajayi had less than 600 yards rushing for the Eagles.
Yep and had Howie traded a first for Cooper? They would call him gm of the year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The word was out that we were looking at WRs. We probably had discussions or calls with anybody who had a starting caliber WR to see what we might offer for anybody on the trade block. It's safe to say that we had a sense of the prices on these guys before pulling the trigger on Cooper. Personally, I'd have been all over Tate for a 3rd, but that's just me.
Yeah but Tate is a one year rental. I'm not signing a guy that age to a multi year deal.

Leedscowboy

Reaction score
Philly gave up a top 100 pick for a player that will be playing 8 games min, after this season he will be UFA, anyone else think this is a good idea.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Demarius for a 4th.

No one else is giving up 1sts for WRs. Just think about that.
Cooper is 24 and if we give him a contract next year he’ll be a pillar of the offense. The others are 30+ and if they get a contract their teams will not get the same value.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
5ba597fff80d9b001a5d16734f9811b8.jpg

kskboys

Reaction score
Cooper is 24 and if we give him a contract next year he’ll be a pillar of the offense. The others are 30+ and if they get a contract their teams will not get the same value.
I hope he does become a pillar, however you cannot make that claim at this point.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Did we just put ourselves in a similar situation to when we signed Brandon Carr? Cooper is going to have to be paid but is he worth it with our limitations? One is a player limitation and the other is a personnel/scheme limitation, but both are going to get paid and you're going to expect more production.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Gruden was always going to trade these guys. He wants his guys hand picked. Fire sale is right. Derek Carr wont be there in 2019. He will be traded in the offseason. They better hope this works because they signed Chuckie to a fully guaranteed 10 year deal...UNHEARD OF. No HC should wield that kind of power. Mark Davis really strangled the club moreso than Daddy did. Hard to believe. This is what unchecked power does when you give the keys to the city to 1 man alone. Like Gruden,but I don't see this working.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Cooper was a big mistake by Gruden. He simply didn't have talent around him. Carr is terrible and overrated. Cooper will shine in Dallas,but I still wouldn't have traded a 1st for him. Spilled milk now, so its time to turn the page and play the games.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Maybe you should have done some research before posting!

Some twit said Golden Tate has benefitted from being on a team with Marvin Jones..as if Jones is the better.player..and I'm the one that needs to do some research?

Lol..I don't think so bud. I think some people here don't want.to give Tate credit.for how good he is because they are still a little butthurt over a play he made several years ago.

Get over it, fellas. It's making you look silly.

AtlCPA

Reaction score
Some twit said Golden Tate has benefitted from being on a team with Marvin Jones..as if Jones is the better.player..and I'm the one that needs to do some research?

Lol..I don't think so bud. I think some people here don't want.to give Tate credit.for how good he is because they are still a little butthurt over a play he made several years ago.

Get over it, fellas. It's making you look silly.
You know you’re losing the argument when you make it personal!

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
You know you’re losing the argument when you make it personal!

You know you're losing an argument when you imply that Marvin Jones is someone who would draw more coverage than Golden Tate. Lol