Cowboys Getting 1st Seed is Not Looking Good

Jkyle

Reaction score
It's hard to see the Cowboys getting the NFC 1st Seed. We would likely have to win out and still need SF to lose another game.
The 49ers and Eagles remaining schedules are fairly easy. The Eagles play the Giants twice, Cardinals, and Seahawks. The 9ers play Seahawk, Cardinals, Ravens, and Rams. They both could lose at least one but the Cowboys play a tough December schedule and it will be a daunting task to win out.
Anything's possible but the Cowboys losing to all NFC teams and the 49ers, it will be tough to win any tiebreaker scenario.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
And we only have ourselves to blame. You can excuse losing to the Eagles/Niners. Although the Eagles should have been a win, those are tough games on the road.

The inexcusable loss was the Cardinals game. It wasn't even a fluke loss. They just dominated us on the ground all afternoon. And Dobbs hitting long passes when it mattered most. That was a disgusting effort all the way around.

This is the loss right that stands in our way of controlling our own destiny to win the NFC East and to get a guaranteed home game in the playoffs, maybe even 2.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
For me personally I don't care if we get the 1st seed or not. I just want to win. I want to go into the post season playing our best football. WE can't control our own destiny. Maybe there comes a time where we can and i'll focus on that but right now its about beating the Eagles and putting them out of their misery.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I'm here to offer moral support. Others will say that you have nothing new to add to the conversation, but I won't! I will argue that if you look hard enough in between your sentences, there are crumbs of real originality and authenticity! Thanks, man!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And we only have ourselves to blame. You can excuse losing to the Eagles/Niners. Although the Eagles should have been a win, those are tough games on the road.

The inexcusable loss was the Cardinals game. It wasn't even a fluke loss. They just dominated us on the ground all afternoon. And Dobbs hitting long passes when it mattered most. That was a disgusting effort all the way around.

This is the loss right that stands in our way of controlling our own destiny to win the NFC East and to get a guaranteed home game in the playoffs, maybe even 2.
Everything happens for a reason though. We lost to the Cardinals...had we won that game who's to say we don't lose to the Seahawks last week? Every team has a bad loss. A bad loss shouldn't tank your season. Had the Cowboys beat the Eagles or 49ers the Cardinals lost wouldn't have mattered.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Everything happens for a reason though. We lost to the Cardinals...had we won that game who's to say we don't lose to the Seahawks last week? Every team has a bad loss. A bad loss shouldn't tank your season. Had the Cowboys beat the Eagles or 49ers the Cardinals lost wouldn't have mattered.
I never said it tanked the season. We will still make the playoffs and probably have a favorable matchup against the South in round 1.

The Natural

Reaction score
Its amazing to me how people just continue to dismiss the Eagles loss

Carson

Reaction score
I’m with you. 1 likely won’t happen, but still need 1-2 wins to guarantee the 5. Anything is possible with a win tonight

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It might sound crazy but you might want the 5th seed over the 2nd or 3rd seed the way Green Bay and the Rams are playing. The worst team in the playoffs will be the NFC South winner.

GORICO

Reaction score
It's hard to see the Cowboys getting the NFC 1st Seed. We would likely have to win out and still need SF to lose another game.
The 49ers and Eagles remaining schedules are fairly easy. The Eagles play the Giants twice, Cardinals, and Seahawks. The 9ers play Seahawk, Cardinals, Ravens, and Rams. They both could lose at least one but the Cowboys play a tough December schedule and it will be a daunting task to win out.
Anything's possible but the Cowboys losing to all NFC teams and the 49ers, it will be tough to win any tiebreaker scenario.
most likely we getting 5th seed....that is Ok...lets just kick butt on the road

TheHerd

Reaction score
For me personally I don't care if we get the 1st seed or not. I just want to win. I want to go into the post season playing our best football. WE can't control our own destiny. Maybe there comes a time where we can and i'll focus on that but right now its about beating the Eagles and putting them out of their misery.
Everyone just wants to win, but winning at SF and also at Philly in January is near impossible.

GORICO

Reaction score
dang Marathon---you put up almost 70,000 posts....you been around some years

Adreme

Reaction score
Its not just win out and SF lose. It is also win out and SF AND Eagles lose because the Eagles hold the tiebreaker.

stiletto

Reaction score
Would be a miracle. The Arizona debacle ended most hopes for that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Everyone just wants to win, but winning at SF and also at Philly in January is near impossible.
San Fran just won in Philly I get you said in January but its tough to win any time of the year though. This is just our reality. Basically you're hoping for the the Giants to beat the Eagles twice or the Sehawks or Ravens to beat them....Ravens are currently losing to the Browns with Flacco so there's that lol....The Cowboys can't control what those other teams do. Just win. Then you can revisit this.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m with you. 1 likely won’t happen, but still need 1-2 wins to guarantee the 5. Anything is possible with a win tonight
Yeah I at least want to have it to where Eagles or 49ers can't rest anyone. They have to play up to week 17.....we keep winning we can do that.

Creeper

Reaction score
It doesn't really matter where they finish, they still need to beat the 49ers and/or Eagles at least once this season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its amazing to me how people just continue to dismiss the Eagles loss
Probably because we looked ok in it and as far as Dak goes I do credit it as a game he played well but ultimately its the same exact way we've been losing all these games for nearly 10+ years now. Not doing enough to close the game out. Can't dismiss it. That's a L. And ayeah I know we got some crap with the officiating but that's not changing.