Cowboys Getting 1st Seed is Not Looking Good

Carson

Reaction score
Sheagles might meltdown after they lose tonight????....seen it happen before
Problem is they get 3 layups to finish. NY twice and Arizona. Even if Seattle beats them and we lose tonight they head into that stretch 10-4.

We get Buffalo, Miami, Detroit and Washington. Heading into that 10-3 is going to be tough to win out

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I never said it tanked the season. We will still make the playoffs and probably have a favorable matchup against the South in round 1.
I mean it shouldn't tank your playoff hopes. The Cardinals loss matters because we lost to the 49ers by 40 and to the Eagles in a game we should've won. The Cardinals loss was bad because we penciled it in as a win. The Eagles loss was worse because it was a game we had and should've won and folded.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Problem is they get 3 layups to finish. NY twice and Arizona. Even if Seattle beats them and we lose tonight they head into that stretch 10-4.

We get Buffalo, Miami, Detroit and Washington. Heading into that 10-3 is going to be tough to win out
I mean its a tall order but I think we've gotten to the point we need to sweep these teams based on losing to the 49ers and Eagles. We need to string some wins against some good teams. Personally, I think Dolphins may give us some fits. But I think when we talk about closing the stretch I Think everyone assumes we have to win these games to even make this conversation worth anything.

Carson

Reaction score
I mean its a tall order but I think we've gotten to the point we need to sweep these teams based on losing to the 49ers and Eagles. We need to string some wins against some good teams. Personally, I think Dolphins may give us some fits. But I think when we talk about closing the stretch I Think everyone assumes we have to win these games to even make this conversation worth anything.
I really see us winning tonight, winning at Buffalo, losing in Miami, beating Detroit and beating Washington.

rambo2

Reaction score
And we only have ourselves to blame. You can excuse losing to the Eagles/Niners. Although the Eagles should have been a win, those are tough games on the road.

The inexcusable loss was the Cardinals game. It wasn't even a fluke loss. They just dominated us on the ground all afternoon. And Dobbs hitting long passes when it mattered most. That was a disgusting effort all the way around.

This is the loss right that stands in our way of controlling our own destiny to win the NFC East and to get a guaranteed home game in the playoffs, maybe even 2.
A win tonight gives the Cowboys the best record in the league.

GORICO

Reaction score
Yeah I have...since 2008 lol.....didn't realize it was 69k posts damn abotu 60k of them probably came in the last 3 years defending Dak lol.
keep it up....Dak has improved his game every year....some have natural ability others work real hard....i just want to embarrass the skirt wearing Sheagles

GORICO

Reaction score
It's hard to see the Cowboys getting the NFC 1st Seed. We would likely have to win out and still need SF to lose another game.
The 49ers and Eagles remaining schedules are fairly easy. The Eagles play the Giants twice, Cardinals, and Seahawks. The 9ers play Seahawk, Cardinals, Ravens, and Rams. They both could lose at least one but the Cowboys play a tough December schedule and it will be a daunting task to win out.
Anything's possible but the Cowboys losing to all NFC teams and the 49ers, it will be tough to win any tiebreaker scenario.
only two six seeds have gone on to win the Super Bowl. The 2005 Pittsburgh Steelers and 2010 Green Bay Packers
I really see us winning tonight, winning at Buffalo, losing in Miami, beating Detroit and beating Washington.
Yes. The 2007 NY Giants were the 5th seed. and won Super bowl

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Everything happens for a reason though. We lost to the Cardinals...had we won that game who's to say we don't lose to the Seahawks last week? Every team has a bad loss. A bad loss shouldn't tank your season. Had the Cowboys beat the Eagles or 49ers the Cardinals lost wouldn't have mattered.
yeah Eagles lost to Jets, equally bad loss

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Seeds don't matter just as long as we get in, and don't exit early!!! Let's do something in the playoffs that we haven't done in years, let's win some GAMES!

strollinruss

Reaction score
The Cowboys are built to make the playoffs not have a deep run. The sooner everyone accepts that and just hopes for some luck the better you all will sleep at night

TheHerd

Reaction score
only two six seeds have gone on to win the Super Bowl. The 2005 Pittsburgh Steelers and 2010 Green Bay Packers

Yes.
The 2007 NY Giants were the 5th seed. and won Super bowl
That was a special circumstance. They had a crazy defense with tons of injuries during the season which all healed as the season closed. And we had to choke to give them their first playoff win. Very little chance both the Eagles and 49ers choke.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
It's hard to see the Cowboys getting the NFC 1st Seed. We would likely have to win out and still need SF to lose another game.
The 49ers and Eagles remaining schedules are fairly easy. The Eagles play the Giants twice, Cardinals, and Seahawks. The 9ers play Seahawk, Cardinals, Ravens, and Rams. They both could lose at least one but the Cowboys play a tough December schedule and it will be a daunting task to win out.
Anything's possible but the Cowboys losing to all NFC teams and the 49ers, it will be tough to win any tiebreaker scenario.
That ship sailed in AZ.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Any hope for the 49ers to lose today just ended officially

Mark

Reaction score
Don't understand the "doom & gloom" mode. Lots of football left to be played.

Mental lapses, inopportune injuries, odd bounces of the ball...plain ol' bad days. Anything can happen in this League, to anybody, with five games left.

The only thing the Cowboys should concern themselves with is that which they can control...and that's to keep winning.

Carson

Reaction score
Any hope for the 49ers to lose today just ended officially
It’s always hilarious how guys like Geno are pure dog water all season, have their best games against us and then are hurt again lmao