Cowboys Getting 1st Seed is Not Looking Good

Loso86

Reaction score
It's hard to see the Cowboys getting the NFC 1st Seed. We would likely have to win out and still need SF to lose another game.
The 49ers and Eagles remaining schedules are fairly easy. The Eagles play the Giants twice, Cardinals, and Seahawks. The 9ers play Seahawk, Cardinals, Ravens, and Rams. They both could lose at least one but the Cowboys play a tough December schedule and it will be a daunting task to win out.
Anything's possible but the Cowboys losing to all NFC teams and the 49ers, it will be tough to win any tiebreaker scenario.
1 week at a time

Aven8

Reaction score
It's hard to see the Cowboys getting the NFC 1st Seed. We would likely have to win out and still need SF to lose another game.
The 49ers and Eagles remaining schedules are fairly easy. The Eagles play the Giants twice, Cardinals, and Seahawks. The 9ers play Seahawk, Cardinals, Ravens, and Rams. They both could lose at least one but the Cowboys play a tough December schedule and it will be a daunting task to win out.
Anything's possible but the Cowboys losing to all NFC teams and the 49ers, it will be tough to win any tiebreaker scenario.
Rams are playing pretty well right now.

Gambit

Reaction score
It's been a few days since one of these posts.

I'll wait and see how it all plays out.

Jay

Reaction score
San Fran just won in Philly I get you said in January but its tough to win any time of the year though. This is just our reality. Basically you're hoping for the the Giants to beat the Eagles twice or the Sehawks or Ravens to beat them....Ravens are currently losing to the Browns with Flacco so there's that lol....The Cowboys can't control what those other teams do. Just win. Then you can revisit this.
Ravens aren’t losing to the Browns, they’re not even playing today.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Gonna be honest...easiest road to the NFC CCG is to be the #2 seed and SF gets the #1
Basically the wildcard round would look like this
#7 NFC WC @ #2 Dallas
#6 NFC WC @ #3 Detroit
#5 Philly @ #4 NFC South Winner
So assuming the opening weekend goes as expected with Dallas, Detroit and Philly winning...

That means the divisional round is
#5 Philly @ #1 SF
#3 Detroit @ #2 Dallas

Just saying we don't need SF to falter...beat Philly tonight and hope they lose one between then and the end of the season

Chuck 54

Reaction score
First, we haven’t beaten the Eagles yet, but if we do, our resumes are completely equal. We would lose the division title based on bad luck.
Say both teams end 14-3 or 13-4. Both lost to SF and to each other. Both lost to a bottom feeder….us-Cardinals; Eagles-Jets. Eagles win because we lost to another NFCteam while they lost to the AFC.

We can still win the division, but 1) it’s a long long shot, and 2) we are not in control of our own destiny.

GORICO

Reaction score
Problem is they get 3 layups to finish. NY twice and Arizona. Even if Seattle beats them and we lose tonight they head into that stretch 10-4.

We get Buffalo, Miami, Detroit and Washington. Heading into that 10-3 is going to be tough to win out
Carson---you are not wrong...but we got to step up...we most likely not getting 1st seed anyway we get 5th

2007 Giants won superbowl as 5th seed...why not us???...

GORICO

Reaction score
Kind of figured that out months ago when we lost to the Cardinals and then when we lost to the refs in Philly.
big dog that so ticked me off when we lost to the refs....we need to be able to challenge crummy calls or non calls

tomokawan

Reaction score
For me personally I don't care if we get the 1st seed or not. I just want to win. I want to go into the post season playing our best football. WE can't control our own destiny. Maybe there comes a time where we can and i'll focus on that but right now its about beating the Eagles and putting them out of their misery.
Yep, that is the key. Just go in the playoffs hot. We have two tuff road games left. Eagles have one.

Nav22

Reaction score
Meh. I'm not into the regretting the Cardinals loss.

If we beat the Cardinals, there's no guarantee we don't slip up later, like against the Pats the next week.

Week-to-week league.