Cowboys have 12 players in the top 10 of at PFF-graded position rankings the most of any team in the NFL

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't ever hear or at least remember that in '78. I was serving in the Army then, and stationed over seas as well. AFN didn't carry all similarly.

As to your insult as to being able to remember...you are the Dopey...and my statement was on target as to discussion. I owe YOU no apology.

Me, no, I'm just a fan...but it wouldn't be a lucky unearned progression, as I originally posted and you chose to ignore and return to not earning their way through the present season and laying the ground work the previous two seasons.
Dopey was also a Disney character and since you brought them in, I thought I'd continue the humor. Certainly not intended to be anymore of an insult than your reply to me.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dopey was also a Disney character and since you brought them in, I thought I'd continue the humor. Certainly not intended to be anymore of an insult than your reply to me.
Settled, you are herewith a Crane. :starspin: ...but you still left the real football discussion tag-a-long blank.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence as the 4th best edge in the league? He has been very good but…. No. Not 4th best.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Dude. For one, he is still getting paid top 5 (not number 1) at his position. For two, have you seen our o-line as is right now? Imagine that without him with god knows who next to Steele. For three, he is a first ballot hall of famer no question still playing at a high level.

Some Cowboys fans are literally worst.
Got 'em
:muttley:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence as the 4th best edge in the league? He has been very good but…. No. Not 4th best.
Name all the guys who are better against both the run and the pass. People forget that 45% of the snaps are still running plays in most games. And D-Law has been the absolute best DE in the league against the run for years. This year we have seen an uptick in his QB pressure rate so it stands to reason that he would rank high there as well.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'm going to go with the idea that playing between Steele and Backitch are dragging him down.
There's probably some truth to that but when you're getting bullrushed into the QB that has nothing to do with who's next to you.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Name all the guys who are better against both the run and the pass. People forget that 45% of the snaps are still running plays in most games. And D-Law has been the absolute best DE in the league against the run for years. This year we have seen an uptick in his QB pressure rate so it stands to reason that he would rank high there as well.
This isn’t a knock on Dlaw. I know he is a great run defender.

He still isn’t a better player than:

Nick Bosa
Myles Garrett
TJ Watt
Micah parsons
Maxx Crosby
Danielle Hunter

Again. Not a knock on Dlaw. But he isn’t the 4th best edge defender in the NFL. Yes he is fantastic against the run. But their pass rush ability should be weighted higher than their run defense.

starfan1

Reaction score
Zack Martin gets paid, slips to 10th in the PFF rankings. Why do we keep giving out these contracts?

/s
I think some of that is age and injury the cowboys have 0 regard for taking that into consideration when paying folks. They are loyal to a fault. that said Im not real angry bout Zack getting paid. some of the others I question

Last edited:

Motorola

Reaction score
I like Luepke, but let's be honest he never gets the ball and he plays only a handful of snaps per game. No way he belongs on a list like this.
8 games___
3 car, 13 yds, 1 TD; 2 rec, 10 yds
18 off snaps week 2, 14 off snaps week 4; 37 total for the other 6 games = 6 snaps per game average on offense.

If that amount of productivity rates Luepke 3rd best FB...it shows how that position is basically a non-factor = non-existent in today's NFL.

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
There is no better example that statistics are irrelevant.
BS just cause they dont align with youre narrative doesnt mean they are irrelevent. They may not always tell the whole story but they are not irrelevent.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
They have good players. That’s nothing new. They have been in that spot since about 2006.

It just never adds up on the scoreboard when it matters most.
almost like Jerry is paying PFF to say his team is good

McKDaddy

Reaction score
6 of these (excl Dak) are on offense. Yet some people insist the results are because there is precious little to work with on that side of the ball.