Cowboys have a 22% chance to make the Super Bowl

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
MAYBe TO you but not me . If cowboys make it that far I would rather they play the ravens, that way no one could say they didnt play a good team.
Rest of afc this year is kinda flaky.
I mean it doesn’t really matter what the doubters say lol. Whoever makes it to the SB is a SB level team unless some injuries happen.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope so. Or it could be 1981 all over again.

That ‘81 team went SF in the regular season and got gobsmacked. We all painfully know what happened in the return trip for the NFCCG.
Splitting hairs but I think the team was gobsmacked seeing Dwight Clark jump higher than he ever did in his entire life with about a minute left in that game to catch the decisive touchdown pass from Joe Montana. The 49ers were dominate all season long.

The team knew just who and what they faced going into Candlestick. Both teams swapped the lead five times before Clark's catch, an extremely hard-fought game between them that was very reminiscent of NFL championship football than now. It was a mutual, extreme tension, four-quarter punchfest.

Merriam-Webster says gobsmack is to be, "overwhelmed with wonder, surprise, shock, astounded'. I disagree that applied to the team until the final minute and even then the moment did not stop the team's focus from trying to win. San Francisco preserved their victory via an Eric Wright's fingertip horse tackle of Drew Pearson.

If anything, I believe Dallas fans were more godsmacked that day than the team itself.

EDIT: Crap! Posted one of those stupid 'Watch on YouTube' videos. :banghead:My bad.

JustChip

Reaction score
Splitting hairs but I think the team was gobsmacked seeing Dwight Clark jump higher than he ever did in his entire life with about a minute left in that game to catch the decisive touchdown pass from Joe Montana. The 49ers were dominate all season long.

The team knew just who and what they faced going into Candlestick. Both teams swapped the lead five times before Clark's catch, an extremely hard-fought game between them that was very reminiscent of NFL championship football than now. It was a mutual, extreme tension, four-quarter punchfest.

Merriam-Webster says gobsmack is to be, "overwhelmed with wonder, surprise, shock, astounded'. I disagree that applied to the team until the final minute and even then the moment did not stop the team's focus from trying to win. San Francisco preserved their victory via an Eric Wright's fingertip horse tackle of Drew Pearson.

If anything, I believe Dallas fans were more godsmacked that day than the team itself.

I said they were gobsmacked in the regular season game, not the NFCCG. And they were. Dallas did not have the respect for SF going into SF in that game. They were humbled and didn’t expect that. Just like this year’s game in SF.

That ‘81 team was prepared and ready to play in the NFCCG because of that regular season beatdown.

Should the teams meet again this year, I believe the game will be similar to the ‘81 NFCCG. It will be a close game decided bear the end. By which team, though?

I don’t think that ‘81 team was shell-shocked by “The Catch”. They came out tge ensuing drive and moved the ball to near mid-field and had what would’ve been a game winning catch stopped by the narrowest of jersey grasps. They didn’t need a TD; a FG would’ve won it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said they were gobsmacked in the regular season game, not the NFCCG. And they were. Dallas did not have the respect for SF going into SF in that game. They were humbled and didn’t expect that. Just like this year’s game in SF.

That ‘81 team was prepared and ready to play in the NFCCG because of that regular season beatdown.

Should the teams meet again this year, I believe the game will be similar to the ‘81 NFCCG. It will be a close game decided bear the end. By which team, though?

I don’t think that ‘81 team was shell-shocked by “The Catch”. They came out tge ensuing drive and moved the ball to near mid-field and had what would’ve been a game winning catch stopped by the narrowest of jersey grasps. They didn’t need a TD; a FG would’ve won it.
My apologies. You did say regular season. My eyes read it wrong. Guess my mind is still not concerned with what happened during that season than when it mattered the most.

How things will work out as far as what the 2023 Cowboys due in a hypothetical matchup with the 49ers in the NFC Championship is anyone's guess. I agree the '81 team learned from their regular season loss to San Francisco. They went 8-2 after that game, one loss by three to the Lions and a 3-point overtime loss to the Giants. On the other hand, this season's team shot themselves in the foot in the first Eagles game and got godsmacked by Buffalo. No comment on the Miami outcome. We'll see.

Blue64

Reaction score
22% … Emmitt #22….Jimmy in ROH. Curse lifted.

Last time we were 3 double digit wins and 3 years in playoffs in a row, the 90”s.

SB written all over this.
Except this is hardly comparable to the team of the 90’s… is it?