Cowboys have been in communication with Wink Martindale's agent about a potential interview

Kwyn

Reaction score
Can’t say they aren’t interviewing the field. Other than Vrabel who is left?

Reactions: CWR

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lombardi is pretty plugged in. My antenna go up when he talks about Wink. Maybe there's some meat on that bone. I could see wink wanting to stay in division to stick it to Daboll. Wink gave Philly fits too. Like Lombardi said, the roster he had wasn't very good. On the back end especially. He was why they competed and beat some good teams late.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I expect the first thing Wink would do is call Micah and others into his office. He will hold them accountable and maximize the guys.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The downside to Rex is will it be a clown show week to week? Media frenzy? That's my worry. Rex is a walking talking sound bite. Not sure I'd want that unless we can back it up.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Fans think the DC would matter lol. Only way it would matter is if you got an elite defensive mind like belicheck and he isn't coming here. Otherwise the players need huge upgrades

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
The downside to Rex is will it be a clown show week to week? Media frenzy? That's my worry. Rex is a walking talking sound bite. Not sure I'd want that unless we can back it up.
Don't worry; Jerry doesn't want that, either.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Fans think the DC would matter lol. Only way it would matter is if you got an elite defensive mind like belicheck and he isn't coming here. Otherwise the players need huge upgrades
Exactly. We need an elite guy. We need players too. Clearly we overvalued our talent,as per usual. No matter what scheme we run, we have many holes to fill and upgrades are badly needed.at least 5 guys needed defensively.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think Zimmer and Rivera are tired. Plus their style might not work with today's players. Wink seems to have a knack for getting his guys to overachieve. At least late in the year.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Exactly. We need an elite guy. We need players too. Clearly we overvalued our talent,as per usual. No matter what scheme we run, we have many holes to fill and upgrades are badly needed.at least 5 guys needed defensively.
5 is a bit much imo. I think 3 will do. Anything less than 3 is nonsense

Rayman70

Reaction score
Wink coached some high level players while in Baltimore. He understands how to navigate the current NFL. I recall the players in Minny quitting on Zimmer and it got pretty ugly at the end. Fans there were begging for him to be gone. He was accused of not adapting or adjusting. Then he had health issues too. That hire is very risky if we do it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think Jerry will ultimately hire the most safe,tepid DC. Rivera. Don't think that move will inspire the current roster.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I can't recall anyone that even knew Rex Ryan was in the building being interviewed. Fisher didn't know either. It was kept secret. We can speculate all we want, but we don't know who all they have spoken to.

Rayman70

Reaction score
How did Stanback come up with Rex Ryan as his favorite for the DC job? Did he see him in the building? Or was it pure coincidence?