Cowboys have been in communication with Wink Martindale's agent about a potential interview

75boyz

Reaction score
He had a decent run with Baltimore.
But he had a falling out with Harbaugh although personally close to the Harbaugh family.
He inteviewd for a couple of HC gigs and was not hired.
Landed as Giants DC and ended upnot getting along with Daboll at all.
Rumors are he thinks he considers himself a HC and has grown hard to work with.

He attempted some absolutely pitiful run defenses involving 2 down linemen.
They had a bunch of turnovers come their way from the mid point on last year somewhat skewing how bad his defense was.

I don't think anyone that has interviewed or is scheduled to interview is an upgrade over Quinn so far to be honest.

jmo

Rayman70

Reaction score
R.d61c9234e2f32ec3434c4c6128479475

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
His all out blitz man scheme might work with Diggs and Bland

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So unless Ryan has an all new system, he isnt introducing anything thats not commonplace

His top skill was considered to be gameday play calling. Other coaches could have the same stuff in their playbook, but using the best play at that instant is key.

The opposite end of the spectrum was Marinelli...far too simplistic.

Kwyn

Reaction score
He had a decent run with Baltimore.
But he had a falling out with Harbaugh although personally close to the Harbaugh family.
He inteviewd for a couple of HC gigs and was not hired.
Landed as Giants DC and ended upnot getting along with Daboll at all.
Rumors are he thinks he considers himself a HC and has grown hard to work with.

He attempted some absolutely pitiful run defenses involving 2 down linemen.
They had a bunch of turnovers come their way from the mid point on last year somewhat skewing how bad his defense was.

I don't think anyone that has interviewed or is scheduled to interview is an upgrade over Quinn so far to be honest.

jmo
I agree.

Lots of people remember hearing his name and remember that the ravens had a great defense even though most probably didn’t watch much ravens football. It was three years they were good. Since then it’s been fair to poor.

I think we’ve interviewed better candidates than him or Vrabel.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry and stephen moved at the speed of watching paint dry when they began the search. A day late and dollar short as always. But hey, they fell just short of that homerun so we will get a Cookie cutter DC and luv it. Celebrate mediocrity and embrace it guys. May as well.