Cowboys have been in communication with Wink Martindale's agent about a potential interview

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
jocks_5416_1623117707.jpg

Kwyn

Reaction score
I can't recall anyone that even knew Rex Ryan was in the building being interviewed. Fisher didn't know either. It was kept secret. We can speculate all we want, but we don't know who all they have spoken to.
They should have run it past the Zone first.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I don't hold the Giants against him. That team is complete trash, talent wise.

But what happened in Bmore?

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
The downside to Rex is will it be a clown show week to week? Media frenzy? That's my worry. Rex is a walking talking sound bite. Not sure I'd want that unless we can back it up.
His resume speaks for itself. The man knows how to coach defenses, and is a proven leader.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
More like the entire team was injured and he took the blame. I’m super excited to see what Micah would do under him, or Ryan to be honest. Micah in a 3-4 would be incredible to watch.
Ryan is an interesting name. Its just been sooooo long

stilltheguru

Reaction score
In his day Ryan was pretty elite
nothing transcendent like belicheck as a defensive mind. Which is the only thing that can save the current defense. Now if they get thev3 extra pieces I'm asking for then bring rex in.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I want nothing to do with the Ryan’s. I was glad when we moved on from that mess. It was messed up how his bro was fired on vacation by a phone call though.
When did we move on? Rob? Rob isnt anywhere near Rex's class as a coach

Rayman70

Reaction score
More like the entire team was injured and he took the blame. I’m super excited to see what Micah would do under him, or Ryan to be honest. Micah in a 3-4 would be incredible to watch.
that too. Yeah. It was time. I agree.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Better hurry, is on his way to Michigan to interview for their DC position
Cmon. If you know you can interview with the Cowboys do you take the Michigan job without exploring that option?

College is the minor leagues.

Reactions: CWR

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
nothing transcendent like belicheck as a defensive mind. Which is the only thing that can save the current defense. Now if they get thev3 extra pieces I'm asking for then bring rex in.
I disagree. Rex is the only that really made hybrid defenses a thing. Lewis does deserve more credit for introducing it. However Rex was the one that made it a true hybrid system instead of one that that would go to a 3 man front occasionally.

That being said, it isnt something that isnt being done all over the NFL right now. So unless Ryan has an all new system, he isnt introducing anything thats not commonplace

CWR

Reaction score
Can’t say they aren’t interviewing the field. Other than Vrabel who is left?
Yeah they've kicked the tires on quite a few. It's clear they are looking for experience too.