Twitter: Cowboys have called Keanu Neal

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
FRISCO - We know that new Dallas Cowboys defensive coaches Dan Quinn and Joe Whitt Jr. are already putting their stamp on how this team will do business in 2021.

And we've always thought circling back to their previous employer, the Atlanta Falcons, is part of that stamp.

Now comes word that Dallas is indeed among the teams who have contacted free agent safety Keanu Neal.

Atlanta's defense wasn't good enough for Quinn/Whitt to win an argument about creating a talent pipeline from there to here. But Dallas is being linked to Neal - and that makes sense.

With Xavier Woods slated to become a free agent and only Donovan Wilson and Darian Thompson as playable names on the current depth chart, the Cowboys are looking for help at safety.

Neal would in theory offer that help. Maybe Damontae Kazee (mentioned here) would as well.

Neal was a 2016 first-round pick of the Falcons - when Quinn was their head coach. In 2017 he earned Pro Bowl honors. Neal started 14 games last year, with Whitt as his position coach.

Patrick

Reaction score
Give me Neal or Hooker please.

Prefer Hooker because we have our own Neal in Wilson, but his injury history is worrisome,

tm1119

Reaction score
I'm all in on Neal, if it gets Thompson off the field. But has to be at FS. Wilson can man the SS spot. Would also like to draft a FS too.

The tweet suggests that teams are looking at him as a LB for a reason. Neal plays 50+% of his snaps in the box. I don’t see how Neal and Wilson co-exist as both S’s on the same defense.