Twitter: Cowboys have called Keanu Neal

fivetwos

Reaction score
Agreed. With Neal's injury history, I'd be happy if Dallas brought both him and Kazee in. Let the starters and depth work itself out.
Maybe Hooker also and make it the achillies trifecta.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Maybe Hooker also and make it the achillies trifecta.

Honestly, I'd much rather go with overkill than underkill. Hooker, Neal, Kazee and Wilson would allow us to do some mixing and matching as well as give us some injury protection. Of course, I don't think Dallas would ever do it. I expect them to pick up a safety to replace Woods when he's eventually signed in FA ... and I don't know if it will be any of these because someone will probably offer them more than Dallas will play.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Keano Neal is, actually, a serious reach at this stage of his career. He's be tried and found to be wanting. He's history.

No thanks. We need young talents, not used-up ones. Rest assured there will be actual LBs available on draft day. :rolleyes:

Carson

Reaction score
Keano Neal is a serious reach at this stage of his career. He's be tried and found to be wanting. No thanks. We need young talents, not old ones.
I mean I know he’s had injuries but he’s only 25.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I mean I know he’s had injuries but he’s only 25.

Well, the fact that he's no longer the dimensions of a DB speaks volumes of his worthiness. The draft is a far better option, imho.

It's entirely possible that a player can be 25 and yet, not capable of satisfying the needs that he did before injuries took their toll.

The Cowboys are simply too willing to accept injured and other players no longer capable of performing the duties they'll have to.

Don't get me wrong, I have compassion for the guy but with football being a sport of injured combatants, some just can't continue.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Several teams showing interest which means the highest bidder gets the prize. That's not what the Cowboys do in FA with other people's players.

plymkr

Reaction score
GoldenGoodnaturedDragonfly-max-14mb.gif
Lol, yep I think of the Matrix, one of the best movies ever made, and I think of that Key and Peele movie "Keanu". Arguably not as good as the Matrix but pretty funny.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Neal is a hitter and enforcer. When healthy, he is as good as anyone. He was a pro bowler and then had 2 lost seasons with injury. He managed to play 14 games last year, and would be a HUGE talent upgrade at S.

ghst187

Reaction score
They hung up once he asked for more than the vet minimum and a bag of peanuts