Twitter: Cowboys have called Keanu Neal

Creeper

Reaction score
Sure they called him. Then he said he wanted to get paid and the Cowboys said, "Have a nice day!" and hung up the phone.

I think the Cowboys start these rumors to appease their restless fans.

Carson

Reaction score
Sure they called him. Then he said he wanted to get paid and the Cowboys said, "Have a nice day!" and hung up the phone.

I think the Cowboys start these rumors to appease their restless fans.
100% facts!

Carson

Reaction score
Neal then Hooker... Do it now.
I don’t think Hooker is ready to play. I’ve read he may not be ready for camp. So he will likely go to a team that isn’t pressing him to start from day 1

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
there are only so many dollars to go around

I view DT and FS as top priority and want an experienced FS

if we sign Neal, we’re done at safety and they will try to have Wilson play FS whitch is a bad idea IMO
Neal wouldnt be the worst signing if the magic ball would just tell me if we end up with a couple of DBs in the draft that can compete asap, then signing Neal would be some nice depth possibly.
If this is again their approach to FA, which it seems evident to repeat itself perpetually, than we better hit on a few in the draft,, thats a lot of expectations.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I just dont get the neal thing. Even if he were to slide to lb on passing downs hes no faster than jaylon or LVE at this point.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
1. Wilson is better than Neal
2. Wilson doesn't necessarily need to be handed a job, we just need to bring better competition.

Neak is no competition for Wilson. Dude ran a 4.62 as a rookie. What do you think he runs now? Theres a reason hes been in the league 5 years and has 2 interceptions
Not excusing Neal but just to fine tune in all fairness in 2 of his 5 years he only played a combined 4 games due to injuries.

visionary

Reaction score
Neal wouldnt be the worst signing if the magic ball would just tell me if we end up with a couple of DBs in the draft that can compete asap, then signing Neal would be some nice depth possibly.
If this is again their approach to FA, which it seems evident to repeat itself perpetually, than we better hit on a few in the draft,, thats a lot of expectations.

problem is we need starters before depth and I don’t think they view Neal as depth

absolutely do not want him

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
problem is we need starters before depth and I don’t think they view Neal as depth

absolutely do not want him
It depends what the numbers look like, Ive been busy being just recently retired....lol
So I have no excuse to not know, if Neal has been offered from another team yet, if there is a projected number Neal is going to be at?

visionary

Reaction score
It depends what the numbers look like, Ive been busy being just recently retired....lol
So I have no excuse to not know, if Neal has been offered from another team yet, if there is a projected number Neal is going to be at?

It doesn’t matter though
You know how these guys work
Once Neal is signed they will start him at SS, push Wilson to FS where he doesn’t fit and ignore safety until rd 5 in the draft and then appear confused and perplexed why safety is a weakness next year

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I guess I'm just not a fan of the big slow SS with little playmaking ability. I'd rather Kazee or Hooker

Verdict

Reaction score
Cowboys: Hey Keanu, will you play for the vet minimum a bucket of KFC and a few shiny trinkets?

Keanu: No.

Cowboys: We are interested and have enquired about bringing Keanu aboard.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Lol, yep I think of the Matrix, one of the best movies ever made, and I think of that Key and Peele movie "Keanu". Arguably not as good as the Matrix but pretty funny.

Yeah, the Key and Peele movie was hilarious.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This team LOVES ex first rounders that didn't pan out and will play cheap.

I can see why. They have successfully turned around the careers of many.