Twitter: Cowboys have expressed interest in trading for RB Duke Johnson

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Would be the ideal CoP scatback to complement Zeke. Anything 5th rounder or less, is a yes for me.

Zeke - Bell cow

Rod Smith - Backup bell cow - barring injury to Zeke, he gets 4-5 total snaps including 2-3 carries per game

Duke Johnson - gets majority of 3rd and 4+ type snaps plus some help at slot receiver/motion outside receiver. Basically a rich man's Lance Dunbar in the DeMarco Murray era.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Depends on the pick involved.

Unless the Browns are selling him off cheap, there are viable options in this draft and late, into the fourth or fifth.

I have faith that we will make him a weapon. I mean, we have ---Kellen Mo--eh--ah ha hahahahaha-ahahahahaha-ahahahaha-{heave}

Sorry, I had a moment just then.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Great fit but worried we would not utilize him correctly. I’m a fan if we can and compensation is fair.

Carson

Reaction score
Great fit but worried we would not utilize him correctly. I’m a fan if we can and compensation is fair.

Agreed. A day three pick would be fine with me.

His cap hit, does scare me off a little. $1.8 this year, 3.6 next year, 4.6 the following.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
If I thought this team had any clue whatsoever on how to use a second back, this might be interesting news.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I'd love Duke. He was a beast at the U and I wanted us to draft him back then. I don't know if we'd use him here as much as the Browns did, which they barely did. Then again, Dak loves to dump off short passes, where Duke excels.