Twitter: Cowboys have expressed interest in trading for RB Duke Johnson

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Hope it's a pick swap and not straight trading away our limited picks.

From what I understand we would take on a 2 year contract of around $6.67M or $3.33M a year

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Please make it happen........this kid can play/cover THREE POSITIONS for our offense ( RB, slot, and WR ). Other words, he's Percy Harvey w/o the headache, literally (lol).

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I'd love Duke. He was a beast at the U and I wanted us to draft him back then. I don't know if we'd use him here as much as the Browns did, which they barely did. Then again, Dak loves to dump off short passes, where Duke excels.
Elliott's backup is a bigger need than anyone realizes.

I would prefer it come through the draft though.

But I might be confused. Maybe this is just the "Dunbar" roster spot.

aria

Reaction score
OMG, but than Zeke wouldn’t carry the ball more than every other RB and therefore very well may not have the rushing record next season and then people wouldn’t be able to throw that around as to why he’s the best RB in the league. I could also see a lot of complaining that they didn’t use Zeke enough if we lost games.

Zeke says feed me, shove the ball down his throat every game.

Alexander

Reaction score
Please make it happen........this kid can play/cover THREE POSITIONS for our offense ( RB, slot, and WR ). Other words, he's Percy Harvey w/o the headache, literally (lol).
Austin was supposed to be that toolsy-type too.

Alexander

Reaction score
Eagles aren't actually interested. John Dorsey is just saying that so Jerry panics and gives Cleveland whatever they want.
I don't even think Dallas is remotely interested.

We have never seemed to be all that motivated towards trading on the pro front.

And when we do, it is usually led by Jerry Jones. Big trades get escalated. And they better be name guys.

I bet you could ask Jerry Jones to his face right now who Duke Johnson is and he would start talking about the poor dork cornerback Duke Thomas who didn't make the roster last summer.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Elliott's backup is a bigger need than anyone realizes.

I would prefer it come through the draft though.

But I might be confused. Maybe this is just the "Dunbar" roster spot.

Trust me, he's NOT another Dunbar. As a big U fan, I've followed this kid since college. He's pretty damn good. In fact, many Browns fans often wonder why coaching did use him more. I guarantee you Michael Irvin has texted Jerry, Stephen or Jason pounding the table for this kid (lol).

mmohican29

Reaction score
Great fit, and more than a scat back should be need to start.

Rod Smith stinks. Duke immediately is the #2 RB here. Much more than a role player if called on to be more.

Alexander

Reaction score
Trust me, he's NOT another Dunbar. As a big U fan, I've followed this kid since college. He's pretty damn good. In fact, many Browns fans often wonder why coaching did use him more. I guarantee you Michael Irvin has texted Jerry, Stephen or Jason pounding the table for this kid (lol).
Whoa, hold on young sportsman.

I was not trying to insult Duke Johnson, the player, by even mentioning Dunbar.

Just attempting to point out other role issues we have.

Trust me, Lance Dunbar is a name nobody should have remembered after the day he was cut, yet for some strange reason, he is still held in high regard by the team and the media. It is weird.

Last edited:

Alexander

Reaction score
Eagles wanted Amari, too.
We'll see Brother.
Cool. We can get manipulated by their interest into giving up a higher pick.

All in all, just look at it this way.

You have money to bid in an auction.

Who do you trust with that money?

Jerry Jones? Or Howie Roseman?

conner01

Reaction score
I like Duke Johnson as a player.

But no way in hell, would we utilize him right here.

Pass on trading for him for that reason alone
I think we can use him and I’d like to have him, but we can’t afford trading anymore picks

Mr_437

Reaction score
Cool. We can get manipulated by their interest into giving up a higher pick.

All in all, just look at it this way.

You have money to bid in an auction.

Who do you trust with that money?

Jerry Jones? Or Howie Roseman?
Well, Jerry has the bigger hat.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Would be an ideal pickup. I wonder if theyd give thought to rod smith going to fb/emergency 3rd back and just roll with zeke and duke.

Alexander

Reaction score
We may need Lewis when they let jones walk
Eh. I doubt they let Jones walk.

He has been included in their list of preferred players.

But that is what this team does I guess. They basically announce a roll call of players they intend to extend.

Publicly.

A lot of teams will express their "desire" to sign players, but these dummies give out lists and pretty much rank order them.

Ya, we are gonna try to do these guys! And in this order too!

Stephen Jones. Genius.

One day, they might understand that contract negotiations should not be used as a stimulus for interest in the brand so you can sell more hats, jerseys and bobble heads.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Whoa, hold on young sportsman.

I was not trying to insult Duke Johnson, the player, by even mentioning Dunbar.

Just attempting to pointing out other role issues we have.

Trust me, Lance Dunbar is a name nobody should have remembered after the day he was cut, yet for some strange reason, he is still held in high regard by the team and the media. It is weird.

Oh, I know (lol).......my bad if the tone came across as such. You can sense my excitement that they're possibly having conversations about this kid at the Star. He's been on my wishlist ever since Dorsey put his name out there.