Twitter: Cowboys have expressed interest in trading for RB Duke Johnson

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Just like Nyheim Hines drafted in the 4th round last year, playing on a rookie contract for the first 4 years of his career? Just like Tarik Cohen drafted in the 4th round 2 years ago, playing on a rookie contract for the first 4 years of his career? There's plenty more examples, but i don't have the time....
Yeah there's also plenty of guys who have one good year and get never heard from again.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I guess you didn’t hear also that we have a new offensive coordinator. Jeez, some of the fans don’t pay attention.
We always have a new coordinator. Before Moore it was Linehan. Before Linehan it was Callahan.......different coordinators but same playbook. Are you paying attention?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The offense is a result of the coaching staff lol. The outdated playbook is on the coaches lol.

The Offense is not the problem. Come on, any Offense can work, if executed properly. It's the execution part that falls down. We don't agree, you should just leave it at that.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Just like Nyheim Hines drafted in the 4th round last year, playing on a rookie contract for the first 4 years of his career? Just like Tarik Cohen drafted in the 4th round 2 years ago, playing on a rookie contract for the first 4 years of his career? There's plenty more examples, but i don't have the time....
Hines went early 4th and Cohen in the mid 4th. So it's doubtful a comparable back would be there in the late 4th.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Offense is not the problem. Come on, any Offense can work, if executed properly. It's the execution part that falls down. We don't agree, you should just leave it at that.

So every offense is good......just call of them lack execution except the Rams, Chiefs, Saints and Patriots? Cowboys just lack the execution? Nevermind running on first down every single time. Never mind the predictable plays lol. I guess. Lack of execution is just a excuse for the coaches tot not be held accountable.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So every offense is good......just call of them lack execution except the Rams, Chiefs, Saints and Patriots? Cowboys just lack the execution? Nevermind running on first down every single time. Never mind the predictable plays lol. I guess. Lack of execution is just a excuse for the coaches tot not be held accountable.

It sounds like a "get out of jail free card".
:rolleyes:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

No. Every Offense can be good, it requires the execution. You can install any Offense you want but if you can't run it properly, it's not gonna matter. You need to stop. You are trying to argue something that is not sound. The Rams got it handed to them by a team who executed. Their Offense didn't do them any good, at all, against a team that was able to execute. Same with the Chiefs. Saints got robbed and the Pats executed, like they always do. Change all you want but until you fix that part of it, all you are going to do is fail.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It sounds like a "get out of jail free card".
:rolleyes:
It definitely is and that is a very moronic way to go about judging this coaching staff. But being that Jerry hasn't fired them I guess they too view it as just a "lack of execution.
No. Every Offense can be good, it requires the execution. You can install any Offense you want but if you can't run it properly, it's not gonna matter. You need to stop. You are trying to argue something that is not sound. The Rams got it handed to them by a team who executed. Their Offense didn't do them any good, at all, against a team that was able to execute. Same with the Chiefs. Saints got robbed and the Pats executed, like they always do. Change all you want but until you fix that part of it, all you are going to do is fail.
No you need to stop. You have watched this offense time and time again be terrible and you are making the excuse its "lack of execution". No way you can seriously believe that. No way. There is no way you can watch this offense have these players run the same routes over and over again to no success and claim its just lack of execution.

These are professional players. Why on earth do you think they aren't executing? They executed in 2016 lol. I'm suppose to believe these players suck? Or is it the coaching that has sucked?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It definitely is and that is a very moronic way to go about judging this coaching staff. But being that Jerry hasn't fired them I guess they too view it as just a "lack of execution.

No you need to stop. You have watched this offense time and time again be terrible and you are making the excuse its "lack of execution". No way you can seriously believe that. No way. There is no way you can watch this offense have these players run the same routes over and over again to no success and claim its just lack of execution.

These are professional players. Why on earth do you think they aren't executing? They executed in 2016 lol. I'm suppose to believe these players suck? Or is it the coaching that has sucked?

Yes. For the billionth time, the coaching is poor. I mean, how many times does this need to be said? You guys, you go on and on about bringing in this player or that player and hope that it's going to improve things but its rare when it does. As I have explained, it's not the scheme. The scheme works and that's been proven many times over the course of last season. It fails when we run across a team with a coaching staff who prepares for us and has a good counter. Our staff does a piss poor job of adjusting. Thats not scheme. That's execution of the scheme. That's bad coaching. Explain to me, what happens when this team brings in DJ and he isn't used properly, if at all? Is it then still the scheme? Or, is that execution? Execution is not just getting blocks or making throws. Execution is also identifying when other teams are stopping what you want to do on Offense or Defense and then making adjustments, within the scheme, to take advantage of opportunity. Any time you sell out to take something away, you give something up. It is up to us to identify that and exploit it. That is part of execution. We don't do that well and that's not on the players. That's also not going to be fixed by bringing in other players or changing the Offense. Until you can fix that part of the problem, it won't matter what Offense you are running or who you have on the field. That's just the truth of it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes. For the billionth time, the coaching is poor. I mean, how many times does this need to be said? You guys, you go on and on about bringing in this player or that player and hope that it's going to improve things but its rare when it does. As I have explained, it's not the scheme. The scheme works and that's been proven many times over the course of last season. It fails when we run across a team with a coaching staff who prepares for us and has a good counter. Our staff does a piss poor job of adjusting. Thats not scheme. That's execution of the scheme. That's bad coaching. Explain to me, what happens when this team brings in DJ and he isn't used properly, if at all? Is it then still the scheme? Or, is that execution? Execution is not just getting blocks or making throws. Execution is also identifying when other teams are stopping what you want to do on Offense or Defense and then making adjustments, within the scheme, to take advantage of opportunity. Any time you sell out to take something away, you give something up. It is up to us to identify that and exploit it. That is part of execution. We don't do that well and that's not on the players. That's also not going to be fixed by bringing in other players or changing the Offense. Until you can fix that part of the problem, it won't matter what Offense you are running or who you have on the field. That's just the truth of it.
What proof do you have that this archaic scheme works?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What proof do you have that this archaic scheme works?

Is this a serious question? 10-6 last season. NFC Champs 2 of the last three years and one 2nd. 7-1 down the stretch, over the last 8 games. I mean, really? Of course the scheme works.

What proof do you have that it does not and an even better question, what proof do you have that bringing in DJ or changing the scheme is going to work better?

This is why you should have just stopped. You are not trying to look at this logically. You are arguing something that is not even debatable. Seriously, think about it now.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Is this a serious question? 10-6 last season. NFC Champs 2 of the last three years and one 2nd. 7-1 down the stretch, over the last 8 games. I mean, really? Of course the scheme works.

What proof do you have that it does not and an even better question, what proof do you have that bringing in DJ or changing the scheme is going to work better?

This is why you should have just stopped. You are not trying to look at this logically. You are arguing something that is not even debatable. Seriously, think about it now.
So wait. This offense was historically bad last year....but because they went 10-6 primarily because of their defense....you credit the scheme for it? Your post is all over the place. One minute you claim execution is why it sucks but you give them credit for winning 10 games lol.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So wait. This offense was historically bad last year....but because they went 10-6 primarily because of their defense....you credit the scheme for it? Your post is all over the place. One minute you claim execution is why it sucks but you give them credit for winning 10 games lol.

Why do you say that the Offense was historically bad?

BTW, scheme effects both sides of the ball. A good scheme uses both in tandem to win games.

It's not my place to give this team credit for winning ten games and it's not yours to take it away. This team won ten games and that's on them. Yeah, I'm all over the place an yet, you don't answer the question asked of you. What if DJ comes over and we don't win? Is that scheme? What if he comes over and we don't use him, is that scheme? What guarantee do you provide that if DJ comes over, he will even be played or that the scheme will change?

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Nobody can talk himself in circles like ABQ.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
As an FYI, since the Cooper trade, our Offense put up just over 23 points a game. That would place us at around 11th in the league and that includes a zero burger Indy put on us. The Offense was not that bad. The Offense was really only bad when we were out coached. On it's surface, the Offense works and what's more, it makes our Defense better. The Scheme, per say, is not the problem here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
As an FYI, since the Cooper trade, our Offense put up just over 23 points a game. That would place us at around 11th in the league and that includes a zero burger Indy put on us. The Offense was not that bad. The Offense was really only bad when we were out coached. On it's surface, the Offense works and what's more, it makes our Defense better. The Scheme, per say, is not the problem here.
The only time the offense was bad was when they were out coached? Huh? So you now agree coaching is a problem?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The only time the offense was bad was when they were out coached? Huh? So you now agree coaching is a problem?

Agree? I was never on the other side of that argument but Coaching and scheme are not the same things. Any scheme can be successful if executed. Coaching is a problem because we can not execute if called upon to adjust. That's coaching IMO and that's a problem, always has been and I dare you to find one post I have made that contracts that. So no, i don't "Finally Disagree" with that. I have believed that since the day Garrett was hired and I am on record on that.

That dog won't hunt.

So finally, I have answered all of your questions. Answer what I have asked you.