Cowboys have given permission to Gallup to seek trade

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
A team might considering what they would have to pay. Probably a late round pick and 8m for the year. That's not too bad. They could always release him the following year if he sucks.
NO team is taking on that contract ......

Mannix

Reaction score
The Fan 105.3 this morning is stating that we would like him back at a reduced salary if he doesn’t get the money he wants…and that MM really does like him….i just don’t get it…HE CAN NOT GET SEPARATION….let him go!!!!!! You are just delaying progress of any other receiver by holding onto him….ridiculous. To make matter worse on a Monday morning, they also said that there are reports of them considering Barkley in FA…this team is just beyond foolish.

Jarntt

Reaction score
So with no change to his contract it would be a 1 year $8.5M contract to trade Gallup. Maybe you could get a 7th for that or a 6th the following year if you are lucky, but it doesn't help the cap any more than just cutting him because you can't designate a trade post 6/1 like you can a cut. But with his $4M guaranteed base this year after 3/18 we can't really designate him a post 6/1 cut anyway or we just add $4M to the total liability. The best thing would be to trade him after 6/1. That way his cap hit for this year would decrease from $13.8M to $4.3M and the rest would hit next year. We could even convert like $2M (split over two years) to a RB to help facilitate a trade. That would make him a 1 year $6.5M player for a team trading for him and would make his cap hit for us this year $5.3M with a dead cap hit next year of $9.7M. Not ideal, but there is no ideal at this point. A straight trade post 6/1 would yield a cap hit of $4.35M ($9.5M in savings) this year and $8.7M next year if you get a taker.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They could trade Gallup and a 2nd to still only get back a 5th.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
No one is trading for that contract. He's going to be released. At this point, give me a 6'4" rookie who's tough in traffic.
Gallup was great at sideline catches and definitely took some hits. Maybe he’ll get his mojo back again

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clearing room for Trevon's brother?
giphy.gif

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Damn. I really liked him too. He said his favorite song is Lady from Kenny Rodgers and I think he said his favorite TV series is Full House. High character guy that is great for the locker room. Totally different from a person like Kelvin Joseph.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
If someone offers them a 6th, they better jump on it.

I would be completely shocked if there was a team offering a 5th.

He will likely be cut then we wait to see if we can get a comp for him.
I don't think we can get a comp if he's cut. Only if he leaves via free agency.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
If someone offers them a 6th, they better jump on it.

I would be completely shocked if there was a team offering a 5th.

He will likely be cut then we wait to see if we can get a comp for him.
I'll be surprised if any team makes any offer for Gallop and he's probably going to have his breakout year once he get's out from under Prescot.