Cowboys have given permission to Gallup to seek trade

Aven8

Reaction score
The draft is loaded at WR. Good luck with that!

Jayinem

Reaction score
I don't get that at all. Instead of letting him seek a trade and then maybe you get a poopoo platter back for him why not just cut him and take the cap space? Makes no sense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The draft is loaded at WR. Good luck with that!
Receiver market is always tough. Gallup is about to be cut. Someone will sign him based on his one 1k yard season but if he plays like he did last year he won’t be in this league very long.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
"If we can't work out a deal we will release him."

Who would make a trade knowing this?
I mean if you trade for him you don’t have to deal with other teams like in free agency. I just don’t think anyone cares enough to even bid on him right now.

CowboysFanKY88

Reaction score
It does. But this team is notoriously cheap and doesn’t fill all of their needs through free agency.

You can mark this post. They likely sign 1 maybe 2 guys in free agency. It’ll be Tony Pollard and Eric Kendricks

They are cheap, predictive and reactive as opposed to proactive

They likely draft Tyler Guyton round 1, Jonathan brooks round 2
I disagree with this. They usually do a good job filling holes before the draft, just usually ain’t the high market big name free agents.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

What else is new. This is Jerry Dumbo GM Jones. Trade away a Pro Bowl WR getting nothing, to sign a one legged WR, only to possibly lose that WR in FA getting nothing.

These are the Arlington Jonesboys, All In!

quickccc

Reaction score
Gallup is not a big separation guy ... he's not a fantastic slot guy .. he has always been a shotty route runner
Several of Dak's INTs have come off poor routes by MG.

And his game has not upped or evolved to bigger, higher level. Frankly he is a lesser player since his post ACL
And to top it off, that ill-timed re-signed big contract is problematic for a guy that is batting for a 3rd- 4th WR role.

It could be that Cowboys are willing to take a dead cap hit , just to move on from him - and invest in other WRs
per Tolbert and the NFL draft which is said to loaded with regarded WR depth

stinkface

Reaction score
Jerry Jeuddy just got traded for a 5th and a 6th. He is both faster and younger then Gallop. In other words Gallop is worth a bag of expired Doritos.

Carson

Reaction score
Jerry Jeuddy just got traded for a 5th and a 6th. He is both faster and younger then Gallop. In other words Gallop is worth a bag of expired Doritos.
The problem with Jeudy it is a One year deal. You have to pay him. Gallup has already been paid so you can manipulate his hit and Dallas likely eats a big portion of it

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Cap Boy loves his dead money hits.

Doesn't have to actually spend money (third lowest cash-spending team) but they have no cap room so Stepehen can blame that for not being able to pay players.

Strol

Reaction score
It does. But this team is notoriously cheap and doesn’t fill all of their needs through free agency.

You can mark this post. They likely sign 1 maybe 2 guys in free agency. It’ll be Tony Pollard and Eric Kendricks

They are cheap, predictive and reactive as opposed to proactive

They likely draft Tyler Guyton round 1, Jonathan brooks round 2
You’re probably right. But for the $21 mil they just saved on Gallup n Martin they could sign Z. Moss, D. Foreman, L. David and D. Reader.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Cap Boy loves his dead money hits.

Doesn't have to actually spend money (third lowest cash-spending team) but they have no cap room so Stepehen can blame that for not being able to pay players.
Signing other teams players also requires learning who they are.

Here you’ve got one guy doing actual GM study, and another who decides if that player is worth what they are asking, yet did not participate in that process. Add another who can overrule everyone if he wants to just because who pays much more attention to making money elsewhere.

Lately I’m wondering why I ever wondered why this doesn’t work and why they haven’t added a significant FA in a decade and a half.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
hysterical-laughter.gif
I laughed out loud