Cowboys have had "initial conversations with Wagner"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The Eagles lost both LBers in the first week. Wouldn’t surprise me if they found a way to sign Wagner.
  1. Would you rather play LB behind our DTs or Philly’s?
  2. If Jerry lowballed you last season, would you sign with him or relish shoving it in his face?

DanA

Reaction score
yeah people don't understand. the signing wagner means foregoing other things. Also a wagner contraact would be probably 3-4 years to spread costs or have big guarantees
I’d have happily got Wagner and foregone Jourdan Lewis and LVE.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I’d have happily got Wagner and foregone Jourdan Lewis and LVE.
Maybe a couple of years ago. The wheels will fall off and then a decent chunk of the cap is taken up by aging vet.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Eagles lost both LBers in the first week. Wouldn’t surprise me if they found a way to sign Wagner.
  1. Would you rather play LB behind our DTs or Philly’s?
  2. If Jerry lowballed you last season, would you sign with him or relish shoving it in his face?
I mean they just lost their DTs. Jordan Davis has shown nothing. Fletcher Cox is a shell of his former self. Not sure if DT is why I’d chose the Eagles it’s nothing special thus far.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No sooner than the C'boys' FO has "initial conversations" with those like Wagner, they discover they're just not prepared to do what it takes to sign 'em. Game over. We've signed LVE -- this is being considered an accomplishment by those who see the writing on the wall. It's high time to adjust, folks!

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
No sooner than the C'boys' FO has "initial conversations" with those like Wagner, they discover they're just not prepared to do what it takes to sign 'em. Game over. We've signed LVE -- this is being considered an accomplishment by those who see the writing on the wall. It's high time to adjust, folks!
I think wags is still in play LVE can be moved around if need be. If we release Barr Wags can fill that void. Barr is better in coverage but wags is better against the run.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
From what Jan Slater said recently, the Cowboys aren't even attempting to converse with Wagner. That speaks volumes to me. It certainly appears to indicate that the Dallas FO has heard all they want to hear and aren't interested in pursuing it any further. Is it possible that they're being coy and are waiting for Wagner to make the first move? I've heard that they're not proactive but that's absolutely absurd. It's totally inactive. I suspect they're done until the draft commences.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
H-m-m, the draft is April 27th to the 29th -- on 2nd thought, that's a long time for nothing to happen. Lemme put it this way -- I hope I'm wrong about that but I wouldn't bet it'd be anything worth getting excited about. If anything else comes to light in the days ahead, let's hope something happens, even if it's not worthy of somersaults or backflips.;)

Last edited:

TheHerd

Reaction score
I like what they are doing. Let the cake bake.
They are making some moves, I’ve liked everything they’ve done so far. But their “let the cake bake” strategy hasn’t been overly successful for quite some time.

ghst187

Reaction score
Write the check Jerry and then write one for Hankins or Robinson and a kicker and let’s roll

kumizi

Reaction score
From what Jan Slater said recently, the Cowboys aren't even attempting to converse with Wagner. That speaks volumes to me. It certainly appears to indicate that the Dallas FO has heard all they want to hear and aren't interested in pursuing it any further. Is it possible that they're being coy and are waiting for Wagner to make the first move? I've heard that they're not proactive but that's absolutely absurd. It's totally inactive. I suspect they're done until the draft commences.
The Cowboys have made it clear their philosophy is to not invest big money at defensive tackle, inside linebacker, or safety. Wagner is still good enough to command a big contract. I’m sure the Cowboys checked in to see if he wanted a ring chaser type cheap deal.

Jipper

Reaction score
They are making some moves, I’ve liked everything they’ve done so far. But their “let the cake bake” strategy hasn’t been overly successful for quite some time.
Just 2 back to back years of 12 win seasons and a roster poised to challenge for the nfce bc of a very good offseason, but don't let the facts disrupt your narrative.

Love it or hate it the cowboys have found a recipe that works and are continuing to evolve the way they aquire talent...

This offseason year plus the last two full seasons are among the best and most consistent that this team has been in 30 years...

Havic

Reaction score
Wagner wants paid and we don’t have the cap to make it work imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.