Twitter: Cowboys have interest in CB Chris Harris?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
What on earth would be the point of moving from Byron Jones to Chris Harris?

All you're doing is getting older.

He at least makes plays on the ball. Jones has 2 int in his career. Money Harris gets, will likely not get more than Byron Jones

Carson

Reaction score
He at least makes plays on the ball. Jones has 2 int in his career. Money Harris gets, will likely not get more than Byron Jones

He will get more than Jones, yeah.

But season high is 3. Only had 1 last season.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He will get more than Jones, yeah.

But season high is 3. Only had 1 last season.

Byron Jones has not had an int is the past 2 seasons. He has a total of 2 in his 5 year career. Byron Jones is looking at 14 to 16 mill, Harris is projected around 12 mill. I don't dislike Byron Jones but 5 years 2 ints, 0 in 2018 and 2019 there is no way I would pay him what he is likely going to get in FA.

Carson

Reaction score
Byron Jones has not had an int is the past 2 seasons. He has a total of 2 in his 5 year career. Byron Jones is looking at 14 to 16 mill, Harris is projected around 12 mill. I don't dislike Byron Jones but 5 years 2 ints, 0 in 2018 and 2019 there is no way I would pay him what he is likely going to get in FA.

Harris has already refused 12 million a year.

That’s why I said he will get more than Jones! But it’s not like he is prime Revis or gets 6+ a year. He will a get a few. But I’m paying Jones 15 per before I pay 31 year old Harris 13-14

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
6 years after 2014 would be next years (this upcoming season) super bowl...

And I'm fully aware its a team sport, couldn't care less what other teams do. We don't follow trends remember? And carr was exposed big time in 2013. Big red flags but we were content with an overrated carr and Claiborne.
My mistake - 5 years later. Same thing applies though. And I didn't bring up what another team did - you did. I only responded to you on that. As for big red flags, again, I know stats don't tell all, but 2013 was statistically one of Carr's best seasons. And frankly, I doubt many Cowboy fans remember a lot of detail about Carr over the 16 games he played in 2013, and I also doubt many recall any detail about the 16 games Harris played in 2013 to be able to adequately compare Carr and Harris as things stood 5 years ago.

But regardless of that, a team cannot manage the salary cap by using 1st round draft picks and giving out free agent contracts and then dumping those players within a couple of years and using more draft picks and free agent dollars on the same position while still absorbing the cap hit of the original guys. Maybe there is an argument for Carr not being the guy they should have spent money on, and certainly there is a hindsight argument that Claiborne was a bad choice to draft, but after 2013 the team had to be locked in with them.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Harris has already refused 12 million a year.

That’s why I said he will get more than Jones! But it’s not like he is prime Revis or gets 6+ a year. He will a get a few. But I’m paying Jones 15 per before I pay 31 year old Harris 13-14

I think Dallas will make an offer if he takes it great if not then he goes else where. As for Byron the money does not justify the play.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
They’ll offer him half of what he signs for. Welcome to Stephen running free agency.
Yep, he's a real evaluator though.

Remember before 2018 when he said "we don't need a true #1 WR".

Last year he said he liked Minkah Fitzpatrick but didn't think he was worth a 1st round pick. I don't know? Are 22-year old, 1st team All-Pro players typically not worth 1st round picks?

Fraud and a cheapskate.

Carson

Reaction score
Yep, he's a real evaluator though.

Remember before 2018 when he said "we don't need a true #1 WR".

Last year he said he liked Minkah Fitzpatrick but didn't think he was worth a 1st round pick. I don't know? Are 22-year old, 1st team All-Pro players typically not worth 1st round picks?

Fraud and a cheapskate.

I'm sure Harris, DJ Reader and the rest of the guys will come to Dallas for the free meal. Stephen will say their price was a bit too steep for his liking.

Then they go out and sign DJ Killings and Niles Scott and say we're ready to go!

quickccc

Reaction score
That's why I didn't take this rumor serious - Harris' age and a high dollar demanding contract doesn't seem to be the way of Stephen jones.
and he's always struck me as one to be looking for more bargain binge- some more Nolan Carroll veteran band aid, Money-ball approach while relying much heavier and serious
when it comes to the NFL draft.

but he'd have to prove me wrong, such as when he was surprisingly willing to throw money at free agent WR Sammy Watkins a couple years right after team cut Dez Bryant.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I gonna say I can see this being a direction they go in. AAV might be highish, but it could be more short term too. I could see Harris basically getting a two year deal guarentees wise.

I dont know if it will be Harris, but I can see them replacing Jones with an older guy with less long term commitment.