Twitter: Cowboys have Spoken To Urban Meyer

Rayman70

Reaction score
Urban Meyer has worked with QB'S very similar to Daks skillset and won huge with them. I think that's why we are enamored with him. Stephen talking to him matters a lot. Its very telling. Lets not forget Zeke Elliot being reunited with Meyer would be awesome...so the transition would be much smoother if he was the hire. The caveat is going to be, will JJ allow him the latitude to bring in his own staff? IF NOT..he aint coming here. Its all or nothing. We will find out how desperate Jerry is.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Urban Meyer has worked with QB'S very similar to Daks skillset and won huge with them. I think that's why we are enamored with him. Stephen talking to him matters a lot. Its very telling. Lets not forget Zeke Elliot being reunited with Meyer would be awesome...so the transition would be much smoother if he was the hire. The caveat is going to be, will JJ allow him the latitude to bring in his own staff? IF NOT..he aint coming here. Its all or nothing. We will find out how desperate Jerry is.

Yes bringing his own staff is key. He’ll want his guys, the guys he’s won with before and guys who teach his schemes and do it his way. I’d be very pleased if Meyer was the hire.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
This is great, but we'll all be watching Jerry introduce Gason Jarret (Garrett in a fake mustache) as the new HC.
I don’t see Urban coaching just to coach. He’s not getting off the couch for money or just a opportunity to coach in the pros. Concerning us? He wants to do what Jimmie Johnson did. Win a NCAA and NFL championship. He may not say that,but his ego does.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I couldn't think of a bigger train wreck of a coach coming here...except for maybe Art Briles....or Mike Ditka....Rex Ryan... Don't want any part of this. But I can see Jerry doing it....just to put butts in the seats. :rolleyes:

Meyer is a winner. This team has 3/4 year window based on Zeke and the OL. He is a great 3/4 option. I don’t see him as a 10 year coach.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score

The Zone Patrol is out in full force. He also turned down the USC job.

giphy.gif

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
I couldn't think of a bigger train wreck of a coach coming here...except for maybe Art Briles....or Mike Ditka....Rex Ryan... Don't want any part of this. But I can see Jerry doing it....just to put butts in the seats. :rolleyes:
Ever the optimist...

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I’ll tell you guys something else about Urban Meyer....he’s more aware of the magnitude of situations,where Garrett is more optimistic to a fault in thinking. Urban will tell the team before a GB matchup if haven’t been playing good “Hey fellas...this is our season today,our crossroads game. What do you guys want to do?”

LittleD

Reaction score
How do you Garrett lovers like him now. Jerry will never allow a HC to pick all his coaches and will remain loyal to his loser coaches and
loser players including Dak. This team is toast for the next few years. The pampered players have quit on Garrett and Jerry now.
Business decisions are being made everywhere in the locker room.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So this is all about next year, the rest of this year is Garrett's to do as he can. Though to be fair, we sorta have had good luck with college coaches in the past, 2 out of the only 3 coaches with both a National Championship and a Super Bowl got it for us... granted one of those was Barry.
that's 25 years ago....I don't think it applies today.....and Johnson build a team from scratch...literally.....Switzer was a figure head....the entire coaching staff was from Johsnon's coaching staff....

the past 15 years, no college coach has had success in the NFL without prior NFL experience...Saban, Kelly, Petrino, etc...….

there are more failed college coaches than any success stories.