Twitter: Cowboys have Spoken To Urban Meyer

MiddleStar

Reaction score
Does this mean Dallas might be a contender in 3-4 years?

No, it means that Dallas will lead the league with players arrested.

Will also bring back the good old days of Parcell and every year wondering if he is going to "retire" at the end of the year. I guess the next time Meyer "retires" the third time will be the charm.

robertfchew

Reaction score
I’ll tell you guys something else about Urban Meyer....he’s more aware of the magnitude of situations,where Garrett is more optimistic to a fault in thinking. Urban will tell the team before a GB matchup if haven’t been playing good “Hey fellas...this is our season today,our crossroads game. What do you guys want to do?”

I guess it's hard for me as a fan to imagine all these clowns going out there each week because it's just a job so it probably does take someone who can motivate them to want to excell. The biggest problem with people who are given millions becsuse they are naturally gifted athletes is they dont care about winning or losing they get paid either way.

Reaction score
Jane Slater tweet;

Jerry Jones says Jason Garrett will remain the coach but I can confirm a very real interest in Urban Meyer. In fact, I'm told Stephen Jones spoke with him recently. Lincoln Riley remains a strong candidate & file this name as a possibility Clemson OC Tony Elliott per sources.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Going through Urbans starters his last two years it appears his NT has weighed only 285-290.

Now college is different than pro but I hope he’s not trying to just have that quick defense. It would be a disaster to keep using that philosophy.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

The Zone Patrol is out in full force. He also turned down the USC job.

You named three people who are totally different and only one is the take control leader that Jerry would have to step back to get....

Therefore the "Right Kinda Guy" for the job, Urban Meyer will not be hired. If he is hire the Cowboys will win 3 Super Bowls in 5 years. Jerry Jones will then fire him like Jimmy or run him off like Parcells.

The biggest problem with the Dallas Cowboys has been in place and in full power since 1994.

quickccc

Reaction score
I'm just taking it as a grain of salt.
It will be one of many upon many.
sure we'll hear several Sheftner, Slater, Jason Laforna, Ed Werner, etc, etc. of reports and whispers that are gonna be thrown out to dart board to see what best sticks and sounds good.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
No, it means that Dallas will lead the league with players arrested..

This is a tired, worn out narrative that needs to pass.

Anyone who has paid any bit of attention to the Cowboys, especially in the last 10 years, knows that we probably already do.

Let's see, A.Woods? Crawford? Nolan Carroll? Rolando McClain? Need I remind everyone of Josh Brent, and his terrible decisions?

I know there are more, that I can't think of off the top of my head, but to say the team would "misbehave" more under Meyer than Garrett..or anyone else for that matter..is foolish. Absolute rubbish.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Jane Slater tweet;

Jerry Jones says Jason Garrett will remain the coach but I can confirm a very real interest in Urban Meyer. In fact, I'm told Stephen Jones spoke with him recently. Lincoln Riley remains a strong candidate & file this name as a possibility Clemson OC Tony Elliott per sources.

:huh: He's not even a full Clemson OC. So the connection doesn't make any sense at all ........

conner01

Reaction score
I couldn't think of a bigger train wreck of a coach coming here...except for maybe Art Briles....or Mike Ditka....Rex Ryan... Don't want any part of this. But I can see Jerry doing it....just to put butts in the seats. :rolleyes:
I have reservations about a college coach
Who would you like to see?

Silly

Reaction score
I don't care. Bring in the new coach now. Let him put a fire under the ***** of the players. Send the message that only winners get to be a dallas cowboy. Next thing they should do is cut all dope smokers. Send the message again that only winners will be a dallas cowboy!!!

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Not getting my hopes up, this tweet doesn't say they Cowboys talked to him about the head coach job, it just says that Stephen Jones talked to him recently. That could have been about anything, maybe which Ohio State players are looking good that might enter the draft.

I hope its true, he would be a million times better than Garrett, but dont get your hopes up that it was for a job offer.
He (Stephen) was asking Urban whether he preferred GMC or FORD for a company vehicle.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I can’t wait for Garrett gone but we’re wasting talent again with poor decision making. Hopefully Riley or Meyer come in right away and make an impact.