RELEASED Cowboys have waived RB Darius Anderson, TE Cole Hikutini, DE Joe Jackson and G Cody Wichmann

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
True. It would likely be a team that liked him coming out of the draft last year and may want to give him a look for at least a few weeks. A bad team looking for cheap and young talent.
Yeah a situation like that....where a team had a high grade on him and its only been a year that he was drafted. So yeah that's the only way I can see it and even then would they claim him off waivers? Probably not.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Another one bites the dust. The Marinelli DL draft choices are something to behold.
And they are are a like the same prototype. All of these guys all look alike to me they keep drafting in the mid round just for them to flop. I understand how hard it is for a mid rounder to make it especially at that position but not even ONE? Not even a rotational guy......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Every year you bring in new players, somebody has to go.
The better the roster, the tougher it is to stick, as you know.
He was a 5th rounder. Bradlee Anae taking his spot is not a failure really.

The failure is drafting him to begin with then. You should not be giving up on a 5th round pick a year after getting him. I'm not saying he has to be a star but you can't keep throwing away 5th rounders and if you are then just trade them and to trade up in the draft.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The failure is drafting him to begin with then. You should not be giving up on a 5th round pick a year after getting him. I'm not saying he has to be a star but you can't keep throwing away 5th rounders and if you are then just trade them and to trade up in the draft.

I guess we could've not picked up Griffen or Aldon Smith so we could say our 2019 5th rounder stuck on the team.
:laugh:
j/k rocyaice. I do think we are drafting well overall.

Wasn't a fan of the Taco or Hill picks, value-wise. But as a whole, we've done fairly well lately.

Missing on Taco, value-wise, was about 40 times as bad as missing on the 165th pick...literally 40 times.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Most third day picks don’t pan out. Our DE’s are too deep.
Especially when you add two starter quality DEs in free agency. Jackson sticks if we only add one, but we went for the upgrade.
Even without that, the odds of a 5th rounder sticking more than one year is only about 50%

For example, Philly took Clayton Thorson right after we took Jackson. He was a PS guy.
Then again, the Giants nabbed Darius Slayton right after that. He would for sure be on our team right now as WR 4.

Last edited:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Wood

Reaction score
2019 Draft getting butchered.

2 59 Trysten Hill DT Central Florida
3 90 Connor McGovern OG Penn St
4 128 Tony Pollard RB Memphis
5 158 Michael Jackson CB Miami (FL)
5 165 Joe Jackson DE Miami (FL)
6 213 Donovan Wilson S Texas A&M
7 218 Mike Weber RB Ohio State
7 241 Jalen Jelks DE Oregon

I don't agree. You have to add Amari Cooper (all pro WR) and Hill may be emerging. Pollard is good (think he could start elsewhere). Still need to wait on McGovern. I see potentially 4 starters from that draft. That usually gets A grade.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I guess we could've not picked up Griffen or Aldon Smith so we could say our 2019 5th rounder stuck on the team.
:laugh:
j/k rocyaice. I do think we are drafting well overall.

Wasn't a fan of the Taco or Hill picks, value-wise. But as a whole, we've done fairly well lately.

Missing on Taco, value-wise, was about 40 times as bad as missing on the 165th pick...literally 40 times.
I mean its however you want to look at it. They've been drafting bad at DE aside from Demarcus Lawrence. And its not like they haven't been trying because they have. Jury still out on Anae.

EDIT: I believe Armstrong is on the team still....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
i questioned back when they drafted Them, and said wasted picks. They needed to take a chance on Safeties, ot more DE’s.
Just more proof how bad Garrett and his staff.

I said the same of Ivy and Carrell at DT.
I agree. I can tell when a guy isn't going to pan out. And I'm rooting for Armstrong but it would not shock me if he's cut this year or next.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I mean its however you want to look at it. They've been drafting bad at DE aside from Demarcus Lawrence. And its not like they haven't been trying because they have. Jury still out on Anae.

EDIT: I believe Armstrong is on the team still....
I hear you. Just saying that using 4th-7th rounders is not really trying that hard.
The odds of those guys even sticking after one year is not that great on average. And the odds of them ever being starters is tougher still, obviously.
Taco on the other hand. Yikes