RELEASED Cowboys have waived RB Darius Anderson, TE Cole Hikutini, DE Joe Jackson and G Cody Wichmann

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was cut a few days ago.
Lol, thanks. I can’t find him at all on the internet. Do you know what his background is that would make someone think he is a better prospect than another player that got cut after him, or that would suggest he can “play FB and catch the ball like a WR”?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I hear you. Just saying that using 4th-7th rounders is not really trying that hard.
The odds of those guys even sticking after one year is not that great on average. And the odds of them ever being starters is tougher still, obviously.
Taco on the other hand. Yikes
Aye....I get it. I just think at least one of these guys should click....and I think had they drafted any other position there they would've probably hit on those picks. But this is the first year during this reign that they didn't have Maranelli here so maybe the luck changes.....
I can’t really give them too much grief. Chances of a 5th round DE actually being any good are like in the single digits % wise.

I’m not knocking them for missing out on them. I’m knocking them for drafting them to begin with. Anae was a guy who most people thought fell too low. I get that pick even if he flops. But that hasn’t been the type of pick they’ve been making.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It does help, thanks. I couldn’t find him online because Dak Attack was way off on the spelling. How much could Dak Attack possibly know about the guy if he was that far off on his name?

I also noticed the comments on him indicate he isn’t a strong option as a receiver, while Dak Attack said he catches the ball like a WR. Maybe he was referring to a WR who gets released the first round of cuts in training camp?

jjktkk

Reaction score

jblaze2004

Reaction score
2019 Draft getting butchered.

2 59 Trysten Hill DT Central Florida
3 90 Connor McGovern OG Penn St
4 128 Tony Pollard RB Memphis
5 158 Michael Jackson CB Miami (FL)
5 165 Joe Jackson DE Miami (FL)
6 213 Donovan Wilson S Texas A&M
7 218 Mike Weber RB Ohio State
7 241 Jalen Jelks DE Oregon

Speaking of this draft, How did Connor McGovern do in camp? Would be nice if he could be a starter. Hill is now a starter. Tony Pollard a decent back up. If we can hit on 2 or 3 that could save that draft class lol

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2019 Draft getting butchered.

2 59 Trysten Hill DT Central Florida
3 90 Connor McGovern OG Penn St
4 128 Tony Pollard RB Memphis
5 158 Michael Jackson CB Miami (FL)
5 165 Joe Jackson DE Miami (FL)
6 213 Donovan Wilson S Texas A&M
7 218 Mike Weber RB Ohio State
7 241 Jalen Jelks DE Oregon
Draft classes can’t be fully evaluated after one rookie season. If Hill and McGovern end up being dogs then the draft class will look bad, but that is yet to be determined.

The other factor you aren’t considering Is that the Cowboys 1st round pick was used to acquire Amari Cooper, so that alone gives notable value to the way the Cowboys used their draft picks.