RELEASED Cowboys have waived RB Darius Anderson, TE Cole Hikutini, DE Joe Jackson and G Cody Wichmann

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
2019 Draft getting butchered.

2 59 Trysten Hill DT Central Florida
3 90 Connor McGovern OG Penn St
4 128 Tony Pollard RB Memphis
5 158 Michael Jackson CB Miami (FL)
5 165 Joe Jackson DE Miami (FL)
6 213 Donovan Wilson S Texas A&M
7 218 Mike Weber RB Ohio State
7 241 Jalen Jelks DE Oregon

The positive news on Hill is a much bigger deal than downroster guys like the Jacksons getting cut.

Cooper was the 1st round pick. Pollard was a hit in the 4th. Hard to know about McGovern, but I liked the pick. That's already a pretty good draft. If Hill is strong in rotation, we did well.

And I think Jackson getting cut is more a testment to our depth at DE than Jackson being a bum. Signed Griffen, hit on Aldon, Anae is looking like a hit, and Jerry is even making noise about Gregory. DE is crowded. No shame to Jackson to be bumped off by those guys.

Aven8

Reaction score
Only thing that worries me about letting go of Jackson is all the new DE talent is here on one year deals.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Only thing that worries me about letting go of Jackson is all the new DE talent is here on one year deals.
Well they could release Griffin, Lawerence or Smith. What you say? SMH

Xavier187

Reaction score
Heard there was some talks about Gerald Everett. But IDK if the Cowboys would go that route.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
2019 Draft getting butchered.

2 59 Trysten Hill DT Central Florida
3 90 Connor McGovern OG Penn St
4 128 Tony Pollard RB Memphis
5 158 Michael Jackson CB Miami (FL)
5 165 Joe Jackson DE Miami (FL)
6 213 Donovan Wilson S Texas A&M
7 218 Mike Weber RB Ohio State
7 241 Jalen Jelks DE Oregon

That's fairly typical. You have four make it out of eight and you're doing decent. If a couple end up as starters, then it's pretty much on average, but that's usually with a first-round pick. If one ends up a star, that's excellent. If more than one, that's extraordinary.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
That's fairly typical. You have four make it out of eight and you're doing decent. If a couple end up as starters, then it's pretty much on average, but that's usually with a first-round pick. If one ends up a star, that's excellent. If more than one, that's extraordinary.

I’d say as fans we’re still a bit spoiled from the 2016 haul of Zeke, Dak, Jaylon, Collins and Brown.

Creeper

Reaction score
I thought Joe Jackson showed some promise but he was cut for the best reason. They are loaded at the DE position now and they just don't need him. Had Aldon Smith not worked out, Jackson would probably stick.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Joe Jackson.....yikes......they just really mess up those mid round DE selections.....

I can’t really give them too much grief. Chances of a 5th round DE actually being any good are like in the single digits % wise.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Little bit surprised about Hikutini. He's a good prospect.
I think so too, but they weren’t likely to keep 4 TEs on the active roster, so this may just be a precursor to putting him on the practice squad.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I think so too, but they weren’t likely to keep 4 TEs on the active roster, so this may just be a precursor to putting him on the practice squad.

Charlie Tempura is better, since he can actually play FB and catch like a WR.